This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City Boards Are Dead So I Will Ask Here.

#1Moon_StruckPosted 11/17/2013 3:23:57 AM
I have a question that actually concerns both Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. The Game of the Year version of both games.

I have attempted to search google, but have been unable to find a definitive response that doesn't leave me wondering if it actually answered my question or not. And it's frustrating because it's a simple question, I just can't seem to get a satisfactory response on.

In both Batman AA GotY and Batman AC GotY, in the box, are they the complete games as well as ALL of the available DLC? I don't want to be missing a single piece of content, be it something like Harley's revenge, a challenge room, or a skin. If ALL of the DLC for one or both of these games is not included in the GotY version, would someone kindly tell me which extra pieces of content I must purchase?

Any definitive answer to put my mind at ease would be so greatly appreciated.
---
XBL GamerTag - Crexlarth
Currently playing Call of Duty Ghosts and all the Batman Arkham games.
#2NoSequelForYouPosted 11/17/2013 3:31:52 AM
Moon_Struck posted...
I have a question that actually concerns both Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. The Game of the Year version of both games.

I have attempted to search google, but have been unable to find a definitive response that doesn't leave me wondering if it actually answered my question or not. And it's frustrating because it's a simple question, I just can't seem to get a satisfactory response on.

In both Batman AA GotY and Batman AC GotY, in the box, are they the complete games as well as ALL of the available DLC? I don't want to be missing a single piece of content, be it something like Harley's revenge, a challenge room, or a skin. If ALL of the DLC for one or both of these games is not included in the GotY version, would someone kindly tell me which extra pieces of content I must purchase?

Any definitive answer to put my mind at ease would be so greatly appreciated.

Not sure about AA. But I would assume it is. There wasn't much DLC for AA except maybe some challenge maps where you got to play as Joker . Hopefully someone could correct this for me.

AC, I can tell you is all the DLC. I have the GOTY edition of it and it came with everything on a second disk. It included: Main Game, Cat woman DLC, Harley Quinn DLC, Batsuits, Nightwing and Robin challenges and some extra maps.
#3Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 3:48:37 AM
Arkham Asylum comes with a bunch of DLC challenge maps, unfortunately the names of the maps do not match any of the XBL downloads. They are similar, leading me to believe they are all there, but I want to be certain.

Also, (unfortunately) the Joker as a playable character is a PS3 exclusive. He was quite fun to play as when I had my PS3.
---
XBL GamerTag - Crexlarth
#4NoSequelForYouPosted 11/17/2013 4:03:38 AM
Moon_Struck posted...
Arkham Asylum comes with a bunch of DLC challenge maps, unfortunately the names of the maps do not match any of the XBL downloads. They are similar, leading me to believe they are all there, but I want to be certain.

Also, (unfortunately) the Joker as a playable character is a PS3 exclusive. He was quite fun to play as when I had my PS3.

Doh, Just realized the edition I have on PS3 is GOTY where as the 360 version isn't. I just googled both versions of AA GOTY. The PS3 comes with 6 extra maps where as the 360 only comes with 4.

On the other hand what I previously said about AC still holds true if that helps. I am just finishing that version myself.
#5Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 5:17:12 AM
Doh, Just realized the edition I have on PS3 is GOTY where as the 360 version isn't. I just googled both versions of AA GOTY. The PS3 comes with 6 extra maps where as the 360 only comes with 4.

Those two extra maps would be your Joker maps. The four others that are accessible on box 360 would then cover all the DLC challenge maps then I believe...

Thank you.
---
XBL GamerTag - Crexlarth
#6__Stewa__Posted 11/17/2013 8:42:13 AM
Just get them from the Humble Bundle for 5 bucks. Comes with FEAR 1-3 and a few other games.
---
A8-6600K @ 3.9GHz|4GB DDR3|GTX 660
#7Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 9:49:17 AM(edited)
__Stewa__ posted...
Just get them from the Humble Bundle for 5 bucks. Comes with FEAR 1-3 and a few other games.

I actually already have all the Arkham games. I just wanted to be 100% sure. For Arkham Asylum I bought the collectors edition for both consoles as well as the GotY version for both systems. Did the same (collector and GotY for both systems for Arkham City. For Origins I bought the collectors edition, and when it does eventually come out the full collection version only for the XBox as I sold my PS3 long ago. Yes... When it comes to Batman my fiscal responsibilities kind of to out the window...

-EDIT-

What is this humble bundle you speak of? My curiosity has been piqued.
---
XBL GamerTag - Crexlarth
#8NoSequelForYouPosted 11/17/2013 10:30:03 AM
Moon_Struck posted...
__Stewa__ posted...

I actually already have all the Arkham games. I just wanted to be 100% sure. For Arkham Asylum I bought the collectors edition for both consoles as well as the GotY version for both systems. Did the same (collector and GotY for both systems for Arkham City. For Origins I bought the collectors edition, and when it does eventually come out the full collection version only for the XBox as I sold my PS3 long ago. Yes... When it comes to Batman my fiscal responsibilities kind of to out the window...

-EDIT-

What is this humble bundle you speak of? My curiosity has been piqued.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Although I think he was trying to be sincere and helpful with his reply, the games - as far as I am aware - can only be redeemed on the PC.
#9Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 10:33:56 AM
I have never seen that humble bundle thing before. That's cool. Unfortunately my computer isn't exactly a gaming beast, I've considered getting a gaming rig. That may come in handy... Thank you.
---
XBL GamerTag - Crexlarth
#10NeoGeoXSegaPosted 11/18/2013 10:59:17 AM
I think the goty editions also do not contain all the extra costumes for the games as some were platform & pre-order exclusive.
---
I'm still using Glitches & downloading Saves! TRY & STOP ME GAMEFAQS!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif