This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does play and charge kit have memory effect?

#1Happy_RobotPosted 11/17/2013 12:34:16 PM
Should I completely drain the batteries before charging? I just bought it, and it's taking forever to charge. >(
---
D:
#2glassghost0Posted 11/17/2013 12:42:43 PM
For best results with a play and charge kit:

1.Open package
2.Charge controller to full capacity
3.Throw play and charge kit in the garbage because they are horrible
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:19:43 PM
I already bought it and opened it though. :(
---
D:
#4Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:21:07 PM
Right now I have my 360 shut off, and the red light is still on, indicating it is charging. Does it shut off the systems when it's done, or just keep the green light on when you do it that way? It would be cool if it shut the system off, that way I can charge it while I'm at work.
---
D:
#5jakeDiLLaPosted 11/17/2013 1:41:02 PM
Happy_Robot posted...
Right now I have my 360 shut off, and the red light is still on, indicating it is charging. Does it shut off the systems when it's done, or just keep the green light on when you do it that way? It would be cool if it shut the system off, that way I can charge it while I'm at work.

what are u going on about?
#6infinitexxPosted 11/17/2013 1:48:42 PM
Happy_Robot posted...

Personally, I'd never leave connected while the system is off.

If the kit detects that the battery is fully charged, it will stop drawing power, unfortunately that isn't always the case, so it could just overheat your battery.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#7Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:49:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:49:52 PM
Hopefully it shuts off D:
---
D:
#9Dragon NexusPosted 11/17/2013 2:18:46 PM
infinitexx posted...
Happy_Robot posted...

Personally, I'd never leave connected while the system is off.

If the kit detects that the battery is fully charged, it will stop drawing power, unfortunately that isn't always the case, so it could just overheat your battery.

Happened to me a few times. Charge cable doesn't always detect a completely charged battery. I've put it to charge overnight and woken up 8 hours later with the light still red and the battery pack hot to the touch.

It doesn't happen often, maybe once every two months. But the fact it happens at all isn't great.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde