This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those on the fence, what will finally make you buy a next gen system?

#71BlueJester007Posted 11/18/2013 10:06:23 AM
-price drop
-backwards compatibilty
-more games
---
Deus Ex: Human Revolution OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#72Net SharkPosted 11/18/2013 10:58:27 AM
When I finally get caught up on my back log and don't find my 360 entertaining anymore. Which may be for awhile yet. Also once I know that the new one has no hardware issue. Looking at you RROD.
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk
Have a mic but Sharks don't talk.
#73Prince EnixPosted 11/18/2013 11:01:51 AM
$300 is the magic price point.

By the time we get there, I assume the games library will be pretty substantial.
---
Simia simia est, etiamsi aurea gestet insignia.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
#74Gunvalkyrie2Posted 11/18/2013 11:07:56 AM
-backwards compatibilty
-games worth owning
-No forced Kinect
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#75Gary StantonPosted 11/18/2013 12:43:04 PM
Finishing that backlog.
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
#76RycerXPosted 11/18/2013 12:57:09 PM
The only thing that bothers me about waiting a year or two are the freebies and other discounts that come with PS+ and now presumedly Xbox Live gold. As far as I can tell, the free games are only on offer for one month at a time, so that's 12 or more months worth of free stuff I'll be missing out on, my inner CAG is crying at that. Resogun and Contrast look awesome too.
#77sa2bmasterPosted 11/19/2013 3:08:01 PM
RycerX posted...
The only thing that bothers me about waiting a year or two are the freebies and other discounts that come with PS+ and now presumedly Xbox Live gold. As far as I can tell, the free games are only on offer for one month at a time, so that's 12 or more months worth of free stuff I'll be missing out on, my inner CAG is crying at that. Resogun and Contrast look awesome too.

Ps plus games can be "purchased" on Sony's web version of PSN, I already have Resogun and Contrast even though I don't have a PS4. As long as you have plus you can get the free game in your purchase history and redownload it when you get a PS4. So if you have a PS3, get plus and start playing the PS3 games offered while stocking up on PS4 titles.
#78Unsugarized_FooPosted 11/19/2013 3:19:38 PM
Shin_Gallon posted...
Once Metal Gear Solid V hits, I'll get my PS4. Not a day sooner, my PC/PS3 backlog is still way too big to bother getting a new system right now.

This but I'll get it for PC.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#79RycerXPosted 11/19/2013 3:26:55 PM
sa2bmaster posted...
Ps plus games can be "purchased" on Sony's web version of PSN, I already have Resogun and Contrast even though I don't have a PS4. As long as you have plus you can get the free game in your purchase history and redownload it when you get a PS4. So if you have a PS3, get plus and start playing the PS3 games offered while stocking up on PS4 titles.

Hmm, that's an option. I'm not entirely sure it's PS+ that I want. I've decided I'm definitely not going to subscribe to both premium plans. If we had a better idea of what MS plans to offer (or not offer) with Live on the Xbox One, and a better forecast of games on both systems, well hell I'd probably both pick a plan and buy a console right now.

I've never messed around with the PSN site, so I didn't know you could queue up content like that, it figures though. I may just do that. If it turns out the PS4 isn't for me at the end of next year, I suppose I'd only be out fifty bucks.