This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 360's disk tray doesn't work well. When should I get a new console?

#1Reyes7JPosted 11/17/2013 9:11:46 PM
Considering how the Xbox One won't be backwards compatible (right?), when should I get a new Xbox 360 (when will it be cheapest new? A year from now? 2 years?)?

Also, what edition/type of console would be best for longevity? I have quite a few xbox 360/original xbox titles that I want to keep and be able to play years from now and I'm scared that the 360 I have at the moment will break down or the disk tray won't pop out after another few years. I already have to actually HIT the top of the console every time it gets stuck and won't come out (which is often).
#2Reyes7J(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 3:35:45 PM
bump
#3ChrisZewskiPosted 11/18/2013 6:53:29 PM
Reyes7J posted...
Considering how the Xbox One won't be backwards compatible (right?), when should I get a new Xbox 360 (when will it be cheapest new? A year from now? 2 years?)?

Also, what edition/type of console would be best for longevity? I have quite a few xbox 360/original xbox titles that I want to keep and be able to play years from now and I'm scared that the 360 I have at the moment will break down or the disk tray won't pop out after another few years. I already have to actually HIT the top of the console every time it gets stuck and won't come out (which is often).

It might just be the faceplate preventing the opening of the drive. Mine does this too. If i have no disc in the tray, it will hang on the lower part of the faceplate when i try to eject it.

As for your question: generally the more recent the manufacture date, the better. Although i don't foresee any real revisions to the hardware there will likely be "10th anniversary" editions of the console despite microsoft wanting The One to be your all-purpose media device.

They're what now? $200/$250 for the newest form factor redesign? I doubt they will ever drop below $200 new but i am only speculating.

I'd also expect some sort of streaming service to be integrated into XBL (gold) in the next two to four years for The One including some or all of each xbox's library, so if you decide to pick up The One in the nearish-future, something may have already been announced. Or not.

What classics are you worried about losing access to?

Oh and its probably fine to bump the thread, but don't bump your 360. Violence and technology- not good bedfellows.
#4lastrockerPosted 11/18/2013 8:51:59 PM
im sorry, but didn't you already post a few topics on this? why don't you try to fix it as that's what you were asking about before? you need to figure out if your disk tray is bad enough that you'll risk further breaking it by opening it (i don't think it's that likely) or is it worth it enough to spend maybe $100+ to get fixed professionally, or spend a couple hundred on a new console. it's really up to you. no one else can know how bad it really is or what it's worth to you.