This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Assassin's Creed III have the worst opening ever?

#11BB52700Posted 11/18/2013 5:15:07 PM
Far from it. As others have said, Heytham is a terrific character, and who can forget the WTF moment of sequence 3?
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#12superhero94Posted 11/18/2013 8:15:59 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Final Fantasy XIII waits until 70% of the game to even give you so much as full access to the combat system.
At least AC3 did it in what, 5 hours? Hell most games these days aren't 5 hours, let alone tutorials.

I'm a big noob and loved how narrow ff13 was and once it opened up I was done haha. I liked the narrowness so much more than being able to explore.
#13ShuraYukihimePosted 11/18/2013 8:18:49 PM
I'll catch hell for this but Batman AA. You're Batman and you just happened to leave all your gadgets elsewhere. Then when you get them they can only be used in specific places.

Locked door, too bad you can't blow it up unless is has an icon saying you can.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#14TimeShinigamiPosted 11/18/2013 8:20:24 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2.

I like Roxas, but that opening sucked.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#15oasisbeyondPosted 11/18/2013 9:04:13 PM
^ I agree... I just wanted something to finally change in KHII.
Okami is bad too, that thing just wont shut up for 10 minutes.
#16LifeOfSynPosted 11/18/2013 9:43:59 PM
I actually thought playing as Haytham was the only decent part of the game. Thought it was horrible overall.
---
Upcoming FPS: Killzone>Destiny>CoD Ghosts=Battlefield 4>Human Bodily Waste>>>>>Titanfall
#17NakedSnake1986Posted 11/19/2013 7:25:45 AM
ShuraYukihime
I'll catch hell for this but Batman AA. You're Batman and you just happened to leave all your gadgets elsewhere. Then when you get them they can only be used in specific places.

Spoilers

But Bats never expected Joker to escape, hence he didn't need to bring all his equipment with him, the same with Arkham City.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#18Boogs34Posted 11/19/2013 7:48:58 AM
It was slow but not the worst
#19BahamutBBobPosted 11/19/2013 9:08:44 AM(edited)
I hated the stealth mission in the fort, if you've played it you know what I mean.

I liked Haytham more than Connor, I thought he was badass. AC3 is the only AC game I gave up on before beating it, and I played them all. (not counting the DS games, I did play Bloodlines on PSP)

I'm even waiting on AC4, maybe even passing on it, because AC3 was not what I wanted it to be. At all.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#20ShuraYukihimePosted 11/19/2013 10:50:54 AM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
ShuraYukihime

Spoilers

But Bats never expected Joker to escape, hence he didn't need to bring all his equipment with him, the same with Arkham City.

If Batman has lived in his universe this long and doesn't expect these things then he is just stupid. And that is coming from a long time Batman fan. The locked door just to make you back track even though you have exploding foam is just terrible though.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.