This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How have video games affected your life?

#1yggdrasil9Posted 11/20/2013 10:20:50 PM
Also, which one(s)?

I chose my career path based on the characterization of Tales of Symphonia characters.
#2NazanirPosted 11/20/2013 11:54:51 PM
They tought me English at an early age (English is not my native language), and gave me a concept of problem solving at an early age as well. I remember I was 5 when we got our first actual PC running at an amazing 10Mhz! (that was WITH Turbo) and I remember playing a game called Mother Goose, where some childs tales got mixed up and you had to correct them.

Video games in general helped me survive (long story, 3,5 years of therapy) but video games were my actual escape from reality. I spent alot of time (cliché as it may be) on World of Warcraft and before that on Ragnarok Online. Pretty much after I was done with my therapy, I ditched WoW, though I still like playing RO every now and then for sentimental reasons.

Now I mostly play games for enjoyment and creativity (like Minecraft) and they are still a large part of my life, but only for enjoyment. I have a lot less time to play (married, 2 children, work) so I don't mind :-)
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#3Banana_ManaPosted 11/21/2013 12:09:57 AM
yggdrasil9 posted...
Also, which one(s)?

I chose my career path based on the characterization of Tales of Symphonia characters.

I chose my career path based on Dragon Age.

I am now a very well-paid, but slightly overworked Dragon.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
#4glassghost0Posted 11/21/2013 12:13:31 AM
I work for Aperture Industries, Test Division 167. We test stuff all the time. She never sleeps. No privacy. Voices. Lemons.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5Banana_ManaPosted 11/21/2013 12:16:53 AM
I'm thinking of taking a career break... I'd like to get into a Space Nazi position - better perks.
---
#6OverburdenedPosted 11/21/2013 1:03:39 AM
Hey banana.

I got offered a job to fit Locust body armour the other week. I'm busy at the moment, so you're welcome to that I you're lookin for a different career path.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#7xSoldier24xPosted 11/21/2013 1:07:02 AM
yggdrasil9 posted...
Also, which one(s)?

My academic downfall was a soon immediate affect of gaming in my life. I went from a 3.8 gpa student and prestigious school to terrible 2.9 and as off now I'm still trying to make up for it in my last 2 years of high school. Although anything from here on out seems futile. Although I had fun gaming this gen I honestly regret getting it.
---
"CAAN YOUU FEEEL THE ENERGY??!!?!!" -Joey, 2013 Ps4 Launch Event, NYC
#8Banana_ManaPosted 11/21/2013 3:07:32 AM
Overburdened posted...
Hey banana.

I got offered a job to fit Locust body armour the other week. I'm busy at the moment, so you're welcome to that I you're lookin for a different career path.

:D

I may take you up on that offer.

We'll see how my Mech training goes - fingers crossed!

Also, awesome banana cake... :D My wife loved it!
---
#9OverburdenedPosted 11/21/2013 4:27:07 AM
You made it? Good good. Glad you enjoyed it :D
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/21/2013 4:41:58 AM
Well, this is my wife:
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/arcadesushi.com/files/2013/06/Lindsay-Elyse-343-Industries.jpg
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539