This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

former owner looking to come back

#1rawxfoxdogPosted 11/24/2013 5:55:18 PM
I had a launch 360 when the rrod killed 7 (yes 7) consoles. But I see this gamestop holiday bundle for 200 with halo and tomb raider. And its calling out to me. My question is is this a good deal
---
Without me, its just aweso
#2HairlessTugboatPosted 11/24/2013 6:55:41 PM
How big is the hard drive?
---
Maaaarrrrk Nuuuuuuuttttttt
#3rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:04:07 PM
250gb i think
---
#4CrimsonCorpPosted 11/24/2013 8:15:50 PM
O_o

Seven?

To answer your question, yes that is a very good deal. 250 GB, TR and Halo 4 is amazing.

As to the 7 RROD's....Either you're trolling, and made that up, or you are the most forgiving person on this planet to give MS that many chances, and are considering giving them yet one more.

I'm a bigger fan of my 360 than PS3, as my xbox profile will show, But after the third RROD, even I would have just cut my loses and ran...
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#5rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:24:32 PM
I never troll. I loved my xbox whan it worked. I borrowed my friends system and played halo 4 and gow 3. Loved them. I want to play judgement and other great games I missed. Any recommendations?
---
#6blakenbl00Posted 11/24/2013 9:33:51 PM
rawxfoxdog posted...
I never troll. I loved my xbox whan it worked. I borrowed my friends system and played halo 4 and gow 3. Loved them. I want to play judgement and other great games I missed. Any recommendations?

I am on my 8th Xbox console, about 1 a year since launch. Forgiving? Hell no, I bought a PS3 and my house got broken into 3 days later.

3 RRoD's (Used 1/New1/1Replacement: Arcade 1. Replacement from M$)
1 Disk 32( 1 Used Arcade)
1 stolen Xbox Elite (Bought New)
2 Xbox Arcades: Used: Disk read errors/broken game spin motors. (purchased because I have an extensive online license backlog of games on demand 360 titles, I cannot just throw this away to repurchase multiplats for the PS3.......)
New 360 S 250gig, going strong. Will never purchase a phat model again. Being broke, willing to be cheap and game today rather than save for a good model has cost me this whole generation. The last time I bought a new model, it got stolen, so I was forced to purchase a used model that broke 6 months later, not even. like 5 really. Used consoles have never hurt as much as this generation did. Some of these Xbox's I've owned probably started showing signs of breaking within the 8 months of ownership.

Was it my fault for purchasing used? No. Some of these Xbox's broke too late for me to return my system. Most were outside the warranty and cost less than $120 to purchase. I couldn't know which system was going to break. Come on, 50% hardware failure for fat models. What do I do? Go w/o games? Was it my fault for not researching the phat models more since launch? Yes, a little research would have saved me money in the long run, and a little waiting could have downsized my headache.

Problem is, if you can't afford the super nice bundled systems every time, you find yourself taking what's available. I refused to purchase a 4 gig slim when I had a 120g harddrive for a phat model sitting around my house, and that was enough for me to keep buying defective hardware until I finally realized that I needed a slim.
---
E-101
#7beautifuldreamsPosted 11/24/2013 9:42:13 PM
a think their are a bunch of similar deals for $180 (either same bundle, or same bundle plus more)
might require wasting time waiting in line or waiting at a computer F5ing though
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#8N_T_S_CPosted 11/24/2013 10:27:42 PM
Hard to give suggestions without knowing the time frame. When did you stop buying 360s?
---
ntsc
#9Fray_MakenPosted 11/24/2013 10:27:44 PM
rawxfoxdog posted...
I had a launch 360 when the rrod killed 7 (yes 7) consoles. But I see this gamestop holiday bundle for 200 with halo and tomb raider. And its calling out to me. My question is is this a good deal

The Best Buy deal is better on the 28.

$189.99

360 S (250 GB)
Halo 4 (Disk)
Darksiders 2 (Disk)
Tomb Rider (Code)
Batman Arkham Origins (Code)
#10Chunker_ButtPosted 11/24/2013 11:38:40 PM
The one thing I will never ever buy preowned is a console. The console is the heart and soul of the whole gaming experience and I really look after mine. I would always treat any preowned console with extreme caution.

Assuming the console bundle is for a brand new console and you want those games (and they are pretty solid games so definitely worth getting) then yeah you should go for it!
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF