This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys feel that this generation of video games has lasted too long?

#1SolnotPosted 11/26/2013 12:39:19 AM
Seems like most people are still too reluctant to upgrade from XBOX 360/PS3 to XBOX ONE/PS4. I figured everybody would be in a rush to move onto the latest generation after this one has been going on for 7-8+ years now.
#2RubMyDuckyPosted 11/26/2013 12:49:26 AM
People who have had this consoles for a long time will say yes. And those who have bought either a PS3 or Xbox 360 within the last year or so will say no. It's a matter of perspective.
#3JiMEEPosted 11/26/2013 1:40:35 AM
Well, not everybody is loaded with money, so the longer the old systems last, the better. I mean, the new systems just came out a week or two ago, if that.

THe 360 graphics are plenty good. Gameplay is what matters most. I'm sure you've heard that before.
---
"Everyone is insane in their own way. It's just the level of insanity that differs.
#4blakenbl00Posted 11/26/2013 1:56:00 AM
No cuz it took 2 years for games like Halo 3 to hit the shelves after the 360 hit. I'm not interested in next gen consoles until

1) X1 puts their mandatory update already patched onto whatever new xbone's are made in the future
2) Games come bundled with the consoles
3) When games are no longer ported multiplats and have had 2 years of real development made specifically for next gen

I still remember how quick I upgraded to the 360 and being stuck with crappy games like Lost Planet and Forza 2 for 2 years. Once the system picks up, I'll look into it, but I'm not going to be suckered into buying the crappy games that will come out for it until a small list of true next gen games come out.
---
E-101
#5LapanuiPosted 11/26/2013 2:25:55 AM
You can't really say this gen anymore, because the PS4, X1 and Wii U have all been released, we have entered next gen so, the gen you are on about is last gen >.<

Now that's out of the way...

I'm actually getting an X1 within a month or so. I get paid within 2 weeks, my brother decided he is going to pay half just so we can get it earlier than I originally planned to. I'm excited for it. I will still play on my PS3 and X1 though, so many different games to play through that I haven't even bought yet, plus, there are a few games not releasing on the PS4 and X1 that I want to get.

These are some of the new games coming out on last gen consoles I want to get:

Dark Souls 2
Lightning Returns: FFXIII
Murdered Soul Suspect
Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles
Atelier Escha & Logy
FFX/X-2 HD
Tales of Xillia 2
The Last Guardian
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6LadyYachiruPosted 11/26/2013 3:08:47 AM
Way to short in my books had my 360 for nearly 6 years now..if it were up to me this would be the final generation that just never ended...but alas no...sadness...
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
GT - Aeterna Miseria
#7TurbanSurprisePosted 11/26/2013 4:37:06 AM
It's been long and mostly non-eventful, so few great games.

With that said, I don't think a new console will fix that.
---
Not changing sig until chewbacca wins WWE title started 6/12/07
#8simonbelmont2Posted 11/26/2013 5:10:18 AM
I think this gen has been long enough, it hasn't been too long or too short. However, I am actually content to keep my 360 going for at least another year. That shows I am quite happy with my last-gen 360 console.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9retrogoodsPosted 11/26/2013 5:26:36 AM
No. It's nice to see a console last a decade. The support 360 and PS3 have is way more impressive than previous generations. It'll be three or four more years until these consoles bite the dust.
---
Nintendrones and RPG freaks make me sick to my stomach. You're not true gamers. Play other genres without being biased you freaks.
#10XdemonAlucardPosted 11/26/2013 5:33:48 AM
I think we could have went a little longer. Technically we still are with PS3. For me at least, there are multiple games coming out in the next year that are PS3 only. Two Tales games, Lightning Returns, FFX HD, Castlevania, and Atlier.

New consoles felt very forced.
---
"Gimme food good guy!"