This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ascend: Hand of Kul is one fun game

#1rb10001Posted 11/26/2013 9:51:58 AM
i think this is getting buried as the free-to-play games on the 360 have not been the best but this one is different. this game does everything right from the graphics to the smooth gameplay. the game might look shallow at first but it is not.

for instance, i thought i could only cause chaos to other players by sending my enemies to them (other players look like ghosts you can not hit). however, just today someone came into my world and was not a ghost and we had a fun time battling.

you do not have to spend a dime to have fun. it looks like nothing is locked out and can be gained by getting souls playing it.

anyone have any cool things happen to them in this game?
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#2simonbelmont2Posted 11/26/2013 9:58:07 AM
I like the game but I don't think it's good enough to keep me playing for weeks. It is definitely worth playing though!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#3darkharePosted 11/26/2013 9:58:14 AM
so far my favorite f2p games on 360 is tanks, happy wars and sometimes full house poker but the lag in fhp sucks.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#4rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:02:43 AM
darkhare posted...
so far my favorite f2p games on 360 is tanks, happy wars and sometimes full house poker but the lag in fhp sucks.

i might have to check out tanks. do you move really slow? i hope ms doesn't abandon these kind of games with the one.

also, whatever happened to that free online rpg they were talking about? what i mean by online rpg are games like world of warcraft.
---
#5infinitexxPosted 11/26/2013 10:10:40 AM
That wasn't someone actually coming into your world and fighting you, that was one of their ascended characters being controlled by the AI.

I'd have to disagree on it being deep, those computer controlled Caos seem intimidating at first, but they're extremely predictable. The game is worth trying out, but I can't imagine playing it for too long, once you're done the storyline there's no incentive to stick around endgame, which is bad for a f2p game since they need you to spend money.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#6rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:14:23 AM
infinitexx posted...
That wasn't someone actually coming into your world and fighting you, that was one of their ascended characters being controlled by the AI.

I'd have to disagree on it being deep, those computer controlled Caos seem intimidating at first, but they're extremely predictable. The game is worth trying out, but I can't imagine playing it for too long, once you're done the storyline there's no incentive to stick around endgame, which is bad for a f2p game since they need you to spend money.

ahh... well that's a bummer. i read they will have a real pvp soon. these days, i'm just happy to have a good looking game that has a solid frame rate and good combat.

kind of sad really.

anyone know the name of that free to play online rpg that was supposed to come out on 360?

btw, i can't wait for the new state of decay online rpg coming to the one.
---
#7natevinesPosted 11/26/2013 10:31:19 AM
I call it Ascend: Hand of COOL, because it's pretty cool.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#8TrugamerPosted 11/26/2013 9:14:31 PM
I just started playing this today for the first time and it instantly struck me as pay to win with all the emphasis on pvp and the selling of gear always in your face , i could be wrong though but that was my initial early impression.
Game play was pretty fun though I just really do not like the F2P model to be honest , it just seems cheesy for a bunch of reasons .
#9elitemegamanXPosted 11/27/2013 1:29:17 AM
darkhare posted...

How do you get access to the World of Tanks beta?
---
After 10 years of Gamefaqs, finally made it on the character battle leaderboards, life well spent!
http://i.imgur.com/m3v4Nte.jpg
#10joshawakkaPosted 11/27/2013 2:35:05 AM
elitemegamanX posted...
darkhare posted...

How do you get access to the World of Tanks beta?

its under the games on demand tab
---
GT: joshawakka