This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free Gears of War or Borderlands 2?

#31spooiePosted 12/2/2013 8:00:39 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
spooie posted...
Joke Account posted...
slemeip posted...
neither game is free, it's a paid subscription

Dont start that stupid discussion.

If by "stupid discussion," you mean "valid point."

When your Xbox Live account expires, you get to keep Gears of War.

When your PS+ account expires OR Sony shuts the server down, you lose everything you didn't buy outright.

No, it isn't a valid point. It's a constant means of trolling over on the PS3 board, and people are ****ing sick if it. We know there's a subscription for PS+, so it's a moot point to even pick the words apart. You're a new user, but since you're being this pushy about the issue, you're likely an alt account. Drop the subject.

It IS a valid point. You aren't getting Borderlands 2 for free. You're getting it as part of a time-limited contract. Once that contract ends, you lose the game. Not to mention that you have to pay for both.

People might not like that point being made, but then, I didn't create the laws of the universe, so that shouldn't be held against me either. If people are sick of reading it, there is a little button at the top left of the page that makes the browser go back to the previous window.

BTW... I registered two weeks after you did... 12 years ago. I am far from new to Gamefaqs, believe you me. <_<

Unless, of course, you're quoting me and referring to someone else in error. (???)
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#32Super CreaturesPosted 12/2/2013 8:31:45 PM
spooie posted...
Not to mention that you have to pay for both.

Funny, there are many of us on this board that have been getting Gold for free, through a Microsoft sponsored promotion, for quite a while.

So, tell me again how we've "had to pay for it."
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#33spooiePosted 12/2/2013 9:12:55 PM
Super Creatures posted...
spooie posted...
Not to mention that you have to pay for both.

Funny, there are many of us on this board that have been getting Gold for free, through a Microsoft sponsored promotion, for quite a while.

So, tell me again how we've "had to pay for it."

To be quite honest, I don't particularly care if you had to pay for it or not, or how you may or may not have received it. It's a pay service. If it wasn't a pay service, people wouldn't be charged for it. And if people weren't charged for it, it would be free for everyone. Not just you.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#34sa2bmasterPosted 12/2/2013 9:14:07 PM
I have Gears 1-3, Borderlands 1&2 with most DLC, and Gold and PS+, and with the fact that Gold and PS+ are required for online play on the 360, XB1, and PS4, I'd go with PS+, my subs never gonna run out and you get much better games, and usually can't be bought for the same price as a month of Plus compared to games with gold which are super old and cheap (not that I hate old games, plus just seems like a better deal when you compare it to the actual cost of buying the games).

I also like that for one year of Plus $50, I have a whole year to play tons of games that would probably total over $250 even if I bought them, and if I renew my sub I have another year of the same games if I want to play them plus many more free games each month. I'm not the person who trades in games much, but most people do so $50 for a whole year of free games to play is awesome, and you could just spend $50 a year on games instead of $60 for every new title that you're going to trade in 2 weeks later anyways.
#35Robin_MaskPosted 12/3/2013 9:21:21 AM
sa2bmaster posted...
I have Gears 1-3, Borderlands 1&2 with most DLC, and Gold and PS+, and with the fact that Gold and PS+ are required for online play on the 360, XB1, and PS4, I'd go with PS+, my subs never gonna run out and you get much better games, and usually can't be bought for the same price as a month of Plus compared to games with gold which are super old and cheap (not that I hate old games, plus just seems like a better deal when you compare it to the actual cost of buying the games).

I also like that for one year of Plus $50, I have a whole year to play tons of games that would probably total over $250 even if I bought them, and if I renew my sub I have another year of the same games if I want to play them plus many more free games each month. I'm not the person who trades in games much, but most people do so $50 for a whole year of free games to play is awesome, and you could just spend $50 a year on games instead of $60 for every new title that you're going to trade in 2 weeks later anyways.

Then comes the account of how big is the download for the game and how fast is the internet, it isn't as simple as "OMG FREE GAMES" for everyone. I get 1 gig per hour and get rather annoyed at that. Then comes the hard drive. I don't feel like buying extra ones just to have "free" games for any system.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#36JanpeiPosted 12/3/2013 10:39:22 AM
darkhare posted...
Joke Account posted...
slemeip posted...
neither game is free, it's a paid subscription

Dont start that stupid discussion.

download the free game on both systems, stop paying for online service on both consoles. discuss.

If he's already paying for PS+ to get BL 2, why would he suddenly decide to stop?

I mean, using that logic, the main component for Gears of War was its versus mode, so if he stops paying for Live, he may get to keep the game, but he only has access to a six hour campaign.
---
The First to Fight: A NEW blog dedicated to combat sports, films, pro-wrestling, comics, and much more
http://thefirsttofight.wordpress.com/
#37TrugamerPosted 12/3/2013 10:43:35 AM
Both games are currently both worth about $10 so it's a wash.

I just bought BL2 for $9 and GoW has easily retained about that much value.
#38JanpeiPosted 12/3/2013 11:05:57 AM
Where did you find BL 2 for 9? Gamestop has it used for 20.
---
The First to Fight: A NEW blog dedicated to combat sports, films, pro-wrestling, comics, and much more
http://thefirsttofight.wordpress.com/
#39Ginsu VictimPosted 12/3/2013 12:23:52 PM
Janpei posted...
Where did you find BL 2 for 9?

He may have found a deal, but this is not the price in most places.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#40TrugamerPosted 12/3/2013 3:38:17 PM
Janpei posted...
Where did you find BL 2 for 9? Gamestop has it used for 20.

Gamefly

Gamestop is a rip off IMO