This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deal of the Week + Mystery Sale/Markdowns 12/10/2013

#41badreflectorPosted 12/10/2013 10:37:07 AM
So is Beyond Good and Evil really that bad if you can get beyond the camera? I've been debating this game for like years worth of sales now. Demo didn't seem too terrible but it looks like opinions are pretty polarized here.
#42DyingPancakePosted 12/10/2013 10:40:08 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...

It's something you do kinda get used to.
I kinda grinned and bore it, since I knew I liked the game from buying it on the PC (Where I used Xpadder to switch the direction of the right stick so the camera would work properly).

It wasn't just the controls for me though

The gameplay was weak, the story was not interesting, the characters were bland, and worst of all the majority of the level design was just boring

The only real redeeming quality I found were that the graphics were still pretty good.

Maybe if I played it when it first came out I would have different thoughts about it
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 0 (but it won't be for long)
#43Ginsu VictimPosted 12/10/2013 10:40:37 AM
badreflector posted...
So is Beyond Good and Evil really that bad if you can get beyond the camera? I've been debating this game for like years worth of sales now. Demo didn't seem too terrible but it looks like opinions are pretty polarized here.

It's one of the best games of the PS2/Xbox/GC gen. Some of us hate the camera controls, but that's our problem for not being able to adjust (though they really should have given us the option to switch X/Y). I had actually adjusted decently when I was playing, but switching to other games throws me off.

For the price, GET IT. It's a great game.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#44scoobydoobydontPosted 12/10/2013 10:47:42 AM
badreflector posted...

I felt like Winter did at first. Unplayable, I hate it... but eventually it stopped bothering me (too much), and I'm glad I played it. I would recommend it at the sale price to pretty much anyone even slightly interested.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
#45GuideToTheDarkPosted 12/10/2013 10:59:01 AM
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Assembler114 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Assembler114 posted...
Is Ghost Recon Future Soldier worth $10?
I'm definitely getting Rayman 3 HD and thinking about something else

It was worth $60 when it released. Not sure how well the community held up, though. I quit playing about the time Arctic Strike released.

Nice, I'll have to check out some gameplay videos first. I've always wanted to play a flight game, Any of those mentioned worth checking out?

Future Soldier's mp has been dead for months, it was very close to dying when it came out.

Also the community that is left is divided between those who own the dlc and don't.

Anyone that is left is also either completely clueless or know exactly what they're doing.

In other words, just like any non-Halo, Battlefield, or Call of Duty named shooter out there.

More like any mp-heavy genre that's not top 5 most popular.

Nice thing about it is that the diehard fans turn even random partyless quick matches into great competition.

Except for console tf2. For some reason there's 1/10 recognizable good players and everyone else has been bad forever.
---
Creating an engine that generates fun is high art.
#46schmittycent2Posted 12/10/2013 11:11:07 AM
Do you live where I live tc, probably not so you can't really say can you.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#47glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 11:14:27 AM
schmittycent2 posted...
Do you live where I live tc, probably not so you can't really say can you.

I don't have to, the price online is the price everywhere.

Even if it was that price, you're talking about a used copy and that's not what's on sale
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#48schmittycent2Posted 12/10/2013 11:19:37 AM
You saying it's the same price everywhere sounds ridiculous, it's like saying online prices at Walmart are the same at every store when they're not.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#49glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 11:22:30 AM
schmittycent2 posted...
You saying it's the same price everywhere sounds ridiculous, it's like saying online prices at Walmart are the same at every store when they're not.

At gamestop, they are. Unless your local stores are having an individual sale, which could be the case, otherwise, the price on the site is store wide price of the game

Again, even if that's the case, you just said you're talking about a used copy, which doesn't apply to what the new price of the game is on sale for right now
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#50schmittycent2Posted 12/10/2013 11:24:45 AM
Either way used or not it's still cheaper, if you're not intelligent to understand that point I'm sorry for you.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent