This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass Effect

#1reppakenPosted 12/10/2013 7:22:54 PM
Thinking about starting this series. Anything I should be aware of that may put me off from the game? Or any opinions would be great.
---
What if you die Dwight, how will we get into the office? If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.
#2SkilzMCPosted 12/10/2013 7:24:35 PM
reppaken posted...
Thinking about starting this series. Anything I should be aware of that may put me off from the game? Or any opinions would be great.

I think the first game is boring, so much so that I can't bring myself to complete it, and it has put me off from the series as a whole even though I own the box set.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#3reppaken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 7:25:48 PM
Yeah I was kinda worrying about that.
---
What if you die Dwight, how will we get into the office? If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.
#4stargazer1981Posted 12/10/2013 7:29:19 PM
Opinions.

First game is fantastic. Second game is a masterpiece. Third game is wonderful (with the Extended Cut ending). You can't go wrong with any of the games.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#5Robin_MaskPosted 12/10/2013 7:31:04 PM(edited)
The first game can get slow, the main story is great but all the side missions are just repeated levels in terms of scenery.

It picks up in ME2 where all the missions have different backgrounds and levels and has a more active story.

ME3 is great, the entire story is full of great moments and the online is fun.

However, keep in mind that the squad is small in ME1, ME2 gives a great and sizable roster and unfortunately, ME3 is a mix, never played the DLC so I don't know about that, but ME3 has a reduced roster.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#6JackBurton85Posted 12/10/2013 7:34:30 PM
Do you have to start from the beginning? Is it important at all story wise?
#7Robin_MaskPosted 12/10/2013 7:35:20 PM
JackBurton85 posted...

You don't really have to, but ALL the characters have from major to minor roles in ME3 and adds to the experience.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#8glassghost0Posted 12/10/2013 7:37:59 PM
JackBurton85 posted...

No, you don't have to, but stuff does carry over from every game, so, if you want to make all the choices yourself you either have to play each game or buy the "comic book" dlc that lets you make the choices
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9JackBurton85Posted 12/10/2013 7:48:57 PM
glassghost0 posted...
JackBurton85 posted...

No, you don't have to, but stuff does carry over from every game, so, if you want to make all the choices yourself you either have to play each game or buy the "comic book" dlc that lets you make the choices

Stuff/choices carry over? Do you mean stuff you did in Mass Effect 1 will carry over into Mass Effect 2? Like you load up your profile/saved game or character and the next installment lets you build on this same character? Or do you just mean the story elements are continuous from one entry to another?

Game sounds cooler and cooler the more i look into it. Id def want to start from the beginning. Just wish i didn't have a job and family and all that nonsense haha, seems like a big game, big series at least. Don't exactly have much if any free time unfortunately.
#10orangeneePosted 12/10/2013 7:53:38 PM
If you have a file from ME 1 most of what you did carries over, even a bit from side missions.

It's really nothing to get excited about though as it changes very little by ME 3.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30