This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Aftermath GTAV - Overrated?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 12/11/2013 7:03:30 AM
The Aftermath GTAV - Overrated? - Results (502 votes)
God yes. They keep pumping out the same game..
49.8% (250 votes)
Hell no. The game is a near masterpiece.
50.2% (252 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Gamerankings

2. Grand Theft Auto V (X360) 96.20%
3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) 97.01%
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2OverburdenedPosted 12/11/2013 7:05:33 AM
From what I've played, I'd say it's a pretty darn good game. Just a bit over rated.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#3rttnPosted 12/11/2013 7:21:00 AM
The single player is great. Was hoping for more/better cheats.

Online is ok. I just wish there was a true "freeroam" mode, not this GTAMMO thing they are doing. I think their anti-troll methods with the BS lobby & such are a fail that only pairs trolls with other trolls.

Content creator is neat, but like most games with that as a feature, there will be tons of "first publish" creations that will flood the scene and finding good ones will be hard. Finding people to actually play them is a whole other challenge.

With all that said, I am one of the people that bought the 150$ edition & I don't regret it. I love the GTA series. I will always play them all despite R*`s missteps with the series.
---
ยกPowerGuides 1.12!
Saltybet.com addict
#4orangeneePosted 12/11/2013 7:25:34 AM
Each time I played it I kept thinking how much better it would be without the MP.

I could have been glorious, instead we got a decent game with potential wasted.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#5baueris24Posted 12/11/2013 7:46:41 AM
I don't have high speed internet so online was never a factor in me getting the game. The first gameplay trailer was what got me hyped and it didn't disappoint. This is one of the best games I've ever played. I got the game on launch day and am still playing it regularly almost 3 months later.

As far as I'm concerned, Rockstar delivered with everything they said in the single player trailers. Everything from the graphics, missions, characters, and switching mechanics works just as Rockstar promised.
#6PsychoDrama1Posted 12/11/2013 8:36:53 AM
I adore the single player, but yea..the multiplayer wasn't that great.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#7ARsignal11Posted 12/11/2013 8:41:47 AM
I played it but got bored after awhile. But then again, this was the same with me for Red Dead Redemption. Beautiful game. Just didn't hold my attention. I can appreciate how well the game is made and how good it is, but I just don't get as much enjoyment out of them as a lot of other people seem to do.

After playing GTAV and then selling it a month later, I've come to the realization that Rockstar games are just not my cup of tea.
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 12/11/2013 9:05:54 AM
Online is a cluster****. SP is great.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#9SexPantherPandaPosted 12/11/2013 9:19:33 AM
It's the best game in the series. SP
#10Ginsu VictimPosted 12/11/2013 9:32:59 AM
I love it, even the MP. Still doesn't beat RDR for my Game of the Gen, but nothing for the 360 will.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)