This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Aftermath GTAV - Overrated?

#21AceMagasePosted 12/11/2013 10:36:41 AM
Every Rockstar game since Vice City has been over-rated. All rockstar's games have had embarrassingly bad controls, bad AI, technical issues, repetitive gameplay, the majority of the side activities are boring filler, and they have the sense of humor of an obnoxious, stupid teenager.

A game with so many fundimental flaws should not be considered great
#22ac2playerPosted 12/11/2013 10:38:21 AM
Absolutely. I've been saying this for months. Don't get me wrong, I was blinded by the hype for the first week or so, but I beat it and I haven't picked it up since. Just an overall pretty boring game. I think many are still in denial, but I'm sure they will too see that it just was not all it was cracked up to be.

Also the MP is straight trash. Absolutely nothing to do except rob convenience stores.
---
PSN: coldkill77
"Yeah, you keep tellin yourself that bulls***." -Joel, TLoU
#23Ginsu VictimPosted 12/11/2013 10:39:40 AM
AceMagase posted...
they have the sense of humor of an obnoxious, stupid teenager.

This was not present in Red Dead Redemption (or Midnight Club LA, The Warriors, Table Tennis, etc)
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#24SixStringHeroPosted 12/11/2013 10:42:08 AM
AceMagase posted...
Every Rockstar game since Vice City has been over-rated. All rockstar's games have had embarrassingly bad controls, bad AI, technical issues, repetitive gameplay, the majority of the side activities are boring filler, and they have the sense of humor of an obnoxious, stupid teenager.

Max Payne 3 has some of the best and fluid controls for a TPS shooter. The AI is also really good at flanking and suppressing you.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#25AceMagasePosted 12/11/2013 10:47:24 AM
SixStringHero posted...
AceMagase posted...

Max Payne 3 has some of the best and fluid controls for a TPS shooter. The AI is also really good at flanking and suppressing you.

Max Payne controls exactly like GTA games and it's garbage. The exact opposite of fluid - you dive around like an idiot or magnet into cover and turn like a damn bus. Most of the game was smallish areas that were basicly shooting galleries. The way you know the AI is bad is that it reacts exactly the same way every time.

And there's a reason rockstar needs lock on shooting and slo mo. They can't even get the basics of reticule movement right. Every single fps or 3ps that I've played in the last few years controls better then rockstar's junk
#26FourManSevenPosted 12/11/2013 10:50:17 AM
GTA5 is definitely over-rated.
The single player features characters which all play identically with the only differing factor being the special ability. The story is nothing new really, but enjoyable all the same. The states seem to mean nothing in GTA5.

The online is where it fails completely.
GTA Online is by far one of the most repetitive, boring, lackluster, and glitchy things I've ever touched.

The "create-a-character" sucks. Instead of an interesting create a character, like how Bethesda does theirs, they give us a "genetic code" system that fails to create a unique character. The leveling system feels tacked on, and doesn't add any sense to unlock anything. The fact that you're forced to level up to use any kind of weapon aside from a pistol is stupid. Especially in a game based around money. If I have the money to buy a sniper rifle, I shouldn't be forced to level to 20 something to get the ability to use it. Being punished by losing money for your "medical bill" is stupid. Free roam ends up being a mindless dash of movement to say your having fun, when really your masking your boredom. The reporting system is a broken mess. When I play something called "Free-Roam" I expect to have free reign without any fear of loss because it's free roam. The insurance policy crap is annoying.

The missions are repetitive. It boils down to 3 types of missions; Steal, Survive, and Kill. Each starting the same, and normally ending the same.
1. Get mission
2. Drive here
3. Steal (Drug, car, ect), Kill (person/persons) Survive (x waves, ect)
4. Deliver drug, item, ect.

And don't give me the "it's a work in progress" crap either. It's not some kind of MMO where this is somewhat excusable. It's a $60.00 game, with a trailer for it's multiplayer feature showing off a variety of things to do, and half of that content not being in the multiplayer when they opened the multiplayer.
#27AceMagasePosted 12/11/2013 10:50:54 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
AceMagase posted...
they have the sense of humor of an obnoxious, stupid teenager.

This was not present in Red Dead Redemption (or Midnight Club LA, The Warriors, Table Tennis, etc)

True, the GTA games are obnoxious and lame, the other games are derivative (straight up ripoffs) of movies or have no personality whatsoever (table tennis, midnight club)
#28el_pajoleroPosted 12/11/2013 10:51:44 AM
Everything is overrated. Unless it's something you like, of course.
---
Another slave to a paycheck.
#29Deja-EntenduPosted 12/11/2013 10:55:19 AM
AceMagase posted...
SixStringHero posted...
AceMagase posted...

Max Payne controls exactly like GTA games and it's garbage. The exact opposite of fluid - you dive around like an idiot or magnet into cover and turn like a damn bus. Most of the game was smallish areas that were basicly shooting galleries. The way you know the AI is bad is that it reacts exactly the same way every time.

And there's a reason rockstar needs lock on shooting and slo mo. They can't even get the basics of reticule movement right. Every single fps or 3ps that I've played in the last few years controls better then rockstar's junk

lol you just suck at the game the shooting mechanics of MP3 are fluid is hell
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
#30SkilzMCPosted 12/11/2013 11:01:25 AM
It's an amazingly well made game, and an incredibly fun game.

10/10
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC