This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xcom EU or Alpha Protocol

#1Insomaniac87Posted 12/11/2013 9:32:50 AM
Wich to play first - Results (39 votes)
Xcom enemy unknown
64.1% (25 votes)
Alpha protocol
35.9% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Currently trying to clear a bit of my backlog and not sure on what to play first.
---
Gamertag: insomaniac87
3DS friendcode: 5370-0642-7017
#2orangeneePosted 12/11/2013 9:48:12 AM
Xcom.

I enjoyed AP but it's no Xcom.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3natevinesPosted 12/11/2013 9:55:12 AM
I respect EU for making a cool turn-based strategy game, but I thoroughly enjoyed AP more
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 12/11/2013 10:44:11 AM
honestly both are pretty horrible as games youd want to just get over with so to speak. AP is roughly ~15-20hours and focuses pretty heavily on replaying the game based on your choices. The game itself is pretty janky and unpolished, but it also has a lot of elements that it pulls off better than many other games. If you can forgive that and remember that this is an rpg first (and to invest in 1 weapons skill) then its a VERY underlooked gem. but id say this is easier to beat than EU.

UE is definitely the most polished of the two and focuses heavily on strategy. What makes me say that its not a good game to just get over with is that the game is very random and its length can vary drastically depending on how you play. Unlike most games nowadays its actually possible to lose in this game and end up screwing your self if you dont plan ahead so you can potentially end up restarting the game several times and losing hours of progress untill you have the mechanics down. The game itself is incredibly addictive and focuses on more than just squad based strategy, but also base building and rpg systems. because of the random nature its almost always intense. One of the bets games of last year.

As for which you can beat faster then that would probably be AP.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim
#5nazacuckooPosted 12/11/2013 11:01:26 AM
XCOM is awesome. 'Nuff said.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 12/11/2013 11:27:14 AM
I love Alpha Protocol. It's one of my favourite games this gen.

Get Xcom.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#7natevinesPosted 12/11/2013 11:29:35 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
honestly both are pretty horrible as games youd want to just get over with so to speak.

LOL no. Both the games are great. One of them is widely praised, the other gets some mixed reviews. 'Horrible'? No. No way.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#8Insomaniac87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 11:35:56 AM
Thanks for the replies, when I finish my Vanquish run I'll start playing Xcom.
---
Gamertag: insomaniac87
3DS friendcode: 5370-0642-7017
#9SkylineLoverR32Posted 12/11/2013 11:57:55 AM
Wait... people actually like alpha protocal? I thought it was garbage. The stealth was ok and it had some great ideas. But the weapons in it are unacceptable. I know a cheap pistol isnt known for power and accuracy but trying to aim it in ap is dumb. And the bulet just disappear at about 20 ft after fired. So if an enemy is 21 feet away from you, you are sol. iv seen $50 paintball guns with better accuracy and range. That alone made the experience for me an utter failure.
#10PsychoDrama1Posted 12/11/2013 12:08:10 PM
Haven't played AP, but Xcom is outstanding.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals