This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did my 360 forget it was just a video game console?

#21FredSavage27Posted 12/12/2013 6:02:04 PM(edited)
It's one thing to prevent other people from getting into the account, but when it's locking out the one person who's supposed access to the account, it's going a too far. A password should be enough.

At least they're not asking for your mother's maiden name or high school or anything else that's much easier to guess than random letters and numbers.
#22glassghost0Posted 12/12/2013 6:01:04 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Ah. Here's the weekly "MS is trying to make sure my info doesn't get stolen! HOW DARE THEY" topic

---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#23Scoter81Posted 12/12/2013 6:21:30 PM
glassghost0 posted...
double check

Mmm. Only, there was no 'hurt,' to begin with.

I'm genuinely curious what difference it makes to some of you whether Kurgan and Stig are the same person or not. While it might be interesting if say, it was a case of someone was using an alt to pull something and got exposed for it, neither user is even up to anything so what's to be gained from it?
#24OneEyedBillPosted 12/12/2013 6:30:21 PM
It's annoying as hell and should be optional. I don't go through that much security logging into online banking, nor has my bank account been hacked like PSN. My XBox Live account has more security than anything else I log into, even financials. Seems like overkill.

People point to the PSN Network as a reason that this amount of security is necessary, however, I don't remember stories about Xbox Live being hacked before they started asking for phone numbers.
#25glassghost0Posted 12/12/2013 6:32:08 PM
Scoter81 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
double check

Mmm. Only, there was no 'hurt,' to begin with.

I'm genuinely curious what difference it makes to some of you whether Kurgan and Stig are the same person or not. While it might be interesting if say, it was a case of someone was using an alt to pull something and got exposed for it, neither user is even up to anything so what's to be gained from it?

triple check
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#26Super CreaturesPosted 12/12/2013 6:33:57 PM
OneEyedBill posted...
I don't remember stories about Xbox Live being hacked before they started asking for phone numbers.

So a company should only protect their costumer's accounts in the event of their network being hacked?

With so much widespread compromising of gaming related accounts, would you prefer that they only take action after their network is hacked, or would you prefer they took preventative measures before it is needed?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#27Jorep(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 6:34:30 PM
I'm honestly a little floored still that anyone thinks multiple layers of security on the user end of an account will somehow prevent a PSN-level hacking scenario.
---
http://www.abovethewage.com
Through fire, justice is served!
#28WinternovaPosted 12/12/2013 6:35:18 PM
OneEyedBill posted...
People point to the PSN Network as a reason that this amount of security is necessary, however, I don't remember stories about Xbox Live being hacked before they started asking for phone numbers.

It's better than security questions. The answers to those can be found out with social engineering. Alternate email accounts and phone numbers are infinitely more secure than security questions...and the security questions have been done away with.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#29Super CreaturesPosted 12/12/2013 6:37:32 PM
Winternova posted...
The answers to those can be found out with social engineering

Only if you use factual answers, instead of using them as a second password like many experts suggest, due to the fact that social engineering does make it so easy to find a factual answer.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#30OneEyedBillPosted 12/12/2013 6:38:11 PM
Honestly, they could tell you guys that you have to have a Notary Public present in order to log into Xbox Live and you would say that it's completely reasonable. Again, no issues with online banking and no phone calls required. And I hardly consider Xbox Live to be as critical as online banking.