This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did my 360 forget it was just a video game console?

#31Super CreaturesPosted 12/12/2013 6:40:02 PM
OneEyedBill posted...
And I hardly consider Xbox Live to be as critical as online banking.

True, but it is much more public as well.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#32WinternovaPosted 12/12/2013 6:41:21 PM
OneEyedBill posted...
Honestly, they could tell you guys that you have to have a Notary Public present in order to log into Xbox Live and you would say that it's completely reasonable.

Only a moron would think that the 2 added pieces of security were as onerous as having to have a notary public present. You enter the information once and you're done. I'd rather have the extra protection than not, especially when it's that damn simple.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#33darklinkfan55Posted 12/12/2013 7:46:57 PM
ya its annoying i had that messege pop up and sign me off while playing a game half the time -.- anyways first i put my number thinking it was enough and then confirmed it and they said thx then... a few days pass and they ask for an email, and im like... dont they already have it? so i put it in and wait for another confirmation, then a few days pass and they ask for another email and i put it in and then they say we need another alternate email they already have 3 now they want more, its so annoying -.- especially since i mainly only use 2 emails
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
#34GeistPosted 12/12/2013 7:54:46 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Ah. Here's the weekly "MS is trying to make sure my info doesn't get stolen! HOW DARE THEY" topic

Yea, seriously people what the ****? Why are you even falling for this crap anymore?
---
I dislike Nintendo.
#35TrueGBPosted 12/12/2013 8:34:03 PM
I've gone through that whole security update thing 3 times and it still keeps asking me to do it every few days. I've even called Xbox support and had it done over the phone. No luck.
---
Future Billionaire
#36CrimsonCorpPosted 12/12/2013 9:58:17 PM(edited)
There's an issue that many people here seem to not understand.

The issue that TC faces is a true problem. It's a never ending cycle that just does not end. It does not happen to everyone. To most, as soon as they provide what they ask, this security notification never pops up again. For others, it never ends. Perhaps for a day or two sure, but the security question always comes up eventually.

Try clearing your cache TC. For some that worked. It did not work for me. After 3 months, My problem was accidentally fixed because I bought a new Xbox 360 a month ago. I just noticed how the security issue never came up again.

You can also try calling LIVE support.

EDIT: one other option is to re-download your own profile. You can do this by signing off on the dashboard. Delete your profile (just your profile) and then choose the Download profile option. Some have claimed that this solved their endless security question bug.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#37glassghost0Posted 12/12/2013 10:08:52 PM
Or people do one thing that it asks and not the full process then cry about it happening over and over.

If you do what it tells you to do, it won't happen again......
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#38CrimsonCorpPosted 12/12/2013 10:21:12 PM
I had three months to sort the thing out. I did everything possible except the re-downloading profile method. Nothing worked. I remember spending almost an hour somedays and still having it not work.

Finally I get a new xbox 360, and I've never been bothered again? Yeah... of course the problem was on my end >_>

You never had to deal with this issue; So the issue therefore does not exist.- Most ridiculous logic I've ever come across.
---
#39WinternovaPosted 12/12/2013 10:26:25 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
Finally I get a new xbox 360, and I've never been bothered again? Yeah... of course the problem was on my end >_>

That would indicate that it was, as the new Xbox 360 on your end fixed the problem.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#40CrimsonCorpPosted 12/12/2013 10:38:23 PM
that's not what I meant.... The other guy implied that it was my failing to properly set up the security measures. That I somehow screwed it up by not properly following directions. I argued that the issue was not of my making. It was a problem with the console or on MS's server.

I never deleted my profile, and coupled it with the clearing of my cache. The new Xbox 360 set up allowed me to do both. and lo and behold, everything is fine.

So therefore, i'm saying that the issue was not because of my incorrect action. But rather something else. In this case the console. Saying "...on my end" was clearly the wrong term for me to use.
---