This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did my 360 forget it was just a video game console?

#41Super CreaturesPosted 12/13/2013 5:13:06 AM
CrimsonCorp posted...
I did everything possible except the re-downloading profile method.

And you didn't take 5 minutes to do this to see if it fixed the problem why?

CrimsonCorp posted...
I never deleted my profile, and coupled it with the clearing of my cache. The new Xbox 360 set up allowed me to do both. and lo and behold, everything is fine.

So therefore, i'm saying that the issue was not because of my incorrect action.

It could be argued that your incorrect action was never deleting and redownloading your profile.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#42LapanuiPosted 12/13/2013 5:43:18 AM
I keep getting asked to put my information in even though I have already done it and put the codes in.

It asks me on my computer very often as well. I have had them text me codes and email me codes. I shouldn't have to keep putting it in to log in...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#43BlueJester007Posted 12/13/2013 6:01:53 AM
Well, since Microsoft is focused more on making an entertainment center rather than just a gaming console, is it really that big of a surprise?
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#44CrimsonCorpPosted 12/13/2013 8:20:54 AM
Super Creatures posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...
I did everything possible except the re-downloading profile method.

And you didn't take 5 minutes to do this to see if it fixed the problem why?

CrimsonCorp posted...
I never deleted my profile, and coupled it with the clearing of my cache. The new Xbox 360 set up allowed me to do both. and lo and behold, everything is fine.

So therefore, i'm saying that the issue was not because of my incorrect action.

It could be argued that your incorrect action was never deleting and redownloading your profile.

I heard about this step even back then, but I thought clearing one's cache accomplished the same thing. And honestly I was a bit nervous in trying delete my own profile. It's completely safe now I realize, but it sounded scary.

As for your second point, I feel like we're all just arguing semantics now. There is an issue with the security question, in that the code they send will become invalid immediately. It's a cycle that does not end. The re-downloading of one's profile is a possible solution to this problem. If I failed to try out this solution due to fear that I would lose my profile, then I suppose that was a failing on my part. But that's it...I did not cause the root issue.

This topic has become needlessly bloated and quite hostile. Let TC sift through the comments and see if any of our suggestions work. To Lapuni, I advise you sign off, and delete your profile (Just your profile), clear the cache, and then re-download your profile. I hope that helps you. If you then get another security question, answer it as best you can. This time, hopefully it will stick.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#45Pacman2dxPosted 12/13/2013 8:41:18 AM
Joseph091472 posted...
I have a pass code, password, and that ain't enough like WTF.

That code is to prevent people from getting on your physical console, not accessing your account information. Are people really this dense?
---
It always seems impossible until it's done. - Nelson Mandela
#46BahamutBBobPosted 12/13/2013 9:35:12 AM
Jorep posted...
At that point I decided Xbox was just being too pushy and closed the window out, and it still let me log in, but what the heck are they thinking?

Give it a few months, it'll completely lock you out of signing in to Live.

It did that to me a while back, and I was furious to the point that I talked to a friend at work (who's brother works on the Xbox team) very passionately about how stupid it is to add so many more layers of security. At this point, I don't know if I'll be able to recover my own gamertag if I need to...
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#47Dragon NexusPosted 12/13/2013 12:32:28 PM
People complain about the added seurity measures, but if their account was hijacked, what's the first thing they're going to think?
MS was hacked into! Or...My account was hacked!

Nope, it's probably because you had an easy-to-guess password.

The majority of user account hijacking comes from the user's inability to keep their details in check and their passwords difficult to crack.
And no, swapping an S for a $ or an A for an @ in your password doesn't make it harder for a computer program to guess. Nor does throwing in random caps. Just makes it harder for you to remember.

So make a password consisting of four or more unrelated words, possible add a number on the end you'll remember but one that isn't significant, like the year of your birth or graduation or whatever.
Four random words, if you think of a story for them, will be way easier to remember and take a brute force program months to crack, by which point someone will have moved on.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde