This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about buying a 250 GB internal hard drive for my slim...

#1MrB730Posted 12/16/2013 9:52:34 AM
I really am sorry if these questions are stupid but I want to get my facts straight before i buy this. Have a game that needs a hard drive to install and the 4GB slim I currently have doesn't work so if I buy this will that solve my problem?

Also with a new hard drive will I have to go through the whole setup process like its a new xbox like importing my gamertag and everything?
---
Thou shall not ragequit. - Commandment # 11
#2MrB730(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 11:04:06 AM
bump
---
#3SheepinatorPosted 12/16/2013 11:11:21 AM
It's a trivial process. The 4GB Slim is flash memory so you just slot in the HDD and carry on as usual. If you had an HDD already then you'd probably want a cable to do the assets transfer, and do the license transfer process.

Or if you feel 250GB is overkill, I'm fairly sure you can get by with a USB stick instead of needing an HDD. You can put in up to 32GB. Might save you some money.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4MrB730(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 3:05:44 PM
I do have the slim model with the 4GB flash so theres nothing in the hard drive slot at all at the moment. So If I got the hard drive for it would it just act as another memory unit?

Ive bought flash drives before and keep running out of room due to having to install certain games to play or whatever so I would be happy with the 250. My main issue is I got a game that requires an actual hard drive installation not just to any normal memory unit. So that's what got me looking into this. And I hope to avoid that in the future of more games start needing that.

So basically what I want to know most of all is since all my profiles and what not is on the 4GB internal memory already will i need to also import it to the hard drive I get since that will most likely be my main and only storage device or is all of that fine just staying on the 4gb drive that its currently on.
---
#5SheepinatorPosted 12/16/2013 3:17:10 PM
You can leave your profile and saves where they are, or move them to HDD. It's up to you. You've got nothing to worry about.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6MrB730(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 3:26:09 PM
Ok great thanks for your help!
---
#7Dragon NexusPosted 12/16/2013 4:42:33 PM
Sheepinator posted...
If you had an HDD already then you'd probably want a cable to do the assets transfer, and do the license transfer process.

The license transfer would have been unnecessary if he was using the same console, just changing hard drives =)
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde