This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

console war BS hurts gamers (concerning what console version of a game is best)

#1rb10001Posted 12/21/2013 11:49:57 AM(edited)
example:

bioshock infinite came out and we had digital foundry (now an all sony site it seems and have been the last couple years) plus of course sony fanatics claiming the game was smoother and looked better on the ps3 and how rumors were going around it was built for the ps3 first and ported etc. etc. (i understand that the disc based version of this game on ps3 does not have this problem).

i bought the digital version on day 1 and the game ran like complete ass. it was so damn choppy it almost made me sick. i saw some youtube videos of the DIGITAL version and they had the same problems yet they did not comment on it? i tried a new tv and even a freaking ssd. while the ssd helped a little bit it was still unplayable. that's another thing i notice, the sony fanatics will play a game at slideshow speeds and say it's perfect just because they hate ms so much they do not want to admit a game running better on ms hardware. they will never admit most third-party games were better on 360 TO THIS DAY. both are corporations people, and both would not even piss on you if you were on fire. anyways, i considered it a lost 60 and moved on.

so... bioshock infinite is 14 bucks on live this week and i'm thinking maybe it will run a little better as a big thing sony fanboys like to hide is the lack of directx support (of course) for both the ps3 and ps4. they use opengl. guess what? the damn game not only looks better it is smooth. not one problem. super smooth.

Let me try and explain more. These fanboy wars hurt gamers as we got fanboys on both sides saying their version is better when it's not. i went with the ps3 version as all i read was how much better it looked and how smoother it was. this was from people who played the digital version on ps3. we also have an example of ms fanboys saying vanquish was the same as the ps3 version. well, vanquish was actually built for the ps3 first and ported to the 360. it had no screen tearing like the 360 version and the cgi videos were not compressed and looked very crisp.

what i'm trying to get across is due to these stupid wars we no longer can get factual info about anything anymore. on both sides. i know this stupid fanboy hardware crap will never end but i wish it didn't screw people over who are just looking for the better version. i got maybe a couple years left and i do not give a crap about this console war bs. sure, i admit i used to dislike sony but only due to how they treat US customers. crap like that does not stop me now from trying to have fun. these people who like this console war crap need a real problem and i'm sure they will shutup if that day ever comes.

p.s. i own a 360, ps3 and ps4. the one will be soon. i can give gamertags for both systems for the trolls. sorry if this is hard to read and sorry for grammar. i just felt the need to post this as while i see tons of topics of people complaining about console wars i have never seen a topic about people complaining that some fanboy gave them bad info and they ended up with the wrong version of a game. there really is no where to go to get actual facts these days online, is there? it just got even more insane with one and ps4. if any of you want to pm me a forum where people are just gamers and are looking for the best version of a game they can get please pm me. the 360 board has the most gamers on it by far but the trolls still visit. damn even my p.s. is long. it's just this whole thing has been pissing me off for awhile.
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 12/21/2013 11:09:45 AM
You should be immediately suspicious of anyone claiming the PS3 version of anything is better than the 360 version. It's been true maybe 5 times the entire generation. Even when a game focuses on PS3 first, it's usually better on 360 (see entire AssCreed series). I suspect it will be reversed this generation.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 12/21/2013 11:23:10 AM
Competition is good for the industry.

So long as there is a choice, there will be competition, and consumers win.

As a Coca-Cola fan, I am glad Pepsi exists.
---
SunDevil77 posted...
Taking teeth and biting Johnson.
#4SkilzMCPosted 12/21/2013 11:35:19 AM
While i didn't read TC's text wall, I can agree with the topic title.

It annoys me to no end that the console "wars" are essentially a contest of who can hold the coolest games hostage.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#5rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:45:50 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
You should be immediately suspicious of anyone claiming the PS3 version of anything is better than the 360 version. It's been true maybe 5 times the entire generation. Even when a game focuses on PS3 first, it's usually better on 360 (see entire AssCreed series). I suspect it will be reversed this generation.

first, thanks for reading that book and knowing what i was talking about. if people read it, they would know this is not the normal "can't we all get along" or "competition is always needed" hippie loving topic.

you are right about third-party games this gen. it's just along with bigdaddy being in sonys ripoff of smashbros and all the talk about it being built for the ps3 along with everyone including media sites saying it was better on ps3, i thought i made the right move. to this day the ps3 digital version has not been fixed and i can not find one article not one saying how poorly the digital version runs on ps3. i had to find out watching youtube videos.

heck, if anyone can find one i'd like to read it.
---
#6rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:47:15 AM
SkilzMC posted...
While i didn't read TC's text wall, I can agree with the topic title.

It annoys me to no end that the console "wars" are essentially a contest of who can hold the coolest games hostage.

please try and read it a little more. i mostly talk about how this crap is affecting gamers in many ways. i realize my grammar is not the best but i do try and i proof-read the best i can.
---
#7rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:48:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 12/21/2013 12:17:40 PM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Competition is good for the industry.

So long as there is a choice, there will be competition, and consumers win.

Yeah, phones really took off after Ma Bell was broken up. Oh wait, the phone company stopped replacing your broken phones for free and service got worse. When you have to compete over something, it is no longer yours; when something isn't yours, you no longer take pride in it. When there's only one game in town, everyone knows who to blame and what buildings to vandalize/items to boycott when things go wrong, that's more motivation to stay in line than a hundred competitors.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#9simonbelmont2Posted 12/21/2013 12:21:27 PM
TC makes a good point, it can be difficult to get reliable information about a game sometimes.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10beautifuldreamsPosted 12/21/2013 12:23:37 PM
i wish they'd all use the same color coding for the buttons
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~