This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Biggest crime against gaming committed by DLC this past gen?

#171WinternovaPosted 12/25/2013 12:49:06 PM
HandGod posted...
There's also another app that's an actual game that also boosts your readiness. But it's terrible. So bad, I can't even remember the name of it.

Mass Effect:Infiltrator
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#172HandGodPosted 12/25/2013 1:00:11 PM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
He might even enjoy the coop, which is great fun. Though if he doesn't want to spend too long there, only play at the appropriate time or the readiness will wear off.

Yup, I discovered the multiplayer way after I was already done with the game. Too bad, considering the multiplayer was a lot of fun and I would have much rather played that than tapping over and over and over again on a very limited app. Moral of this story -- don't write off what you haven't tried yet.

Thank you.
#173HandGodPosted 12/25/2013 1:10:24 PM
Just an update --

It looks like the Datapad has been retired from the app store. You can, however, access the same Galaxy at War mini game online at the N7HQ website, which might be good if you don't have any iOS products.
#174simonbelmont2Posted 12/25/2013 2:34:29 PM
Tigercml posted...
People actually believe the From Ashes DLC wasn't important? Shows how much people pay attention to the games they're playing. I have to ask. When you see the characters on screen talking do you understand what they are saying or do you just hear sounds and noises?

No, people said it wasn't essential. Essential and important are different things.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#175scoobydoobydontPosted 12/25/2013 2:53:28 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Tigercml posted...
People actually believe the From Ashes DLC wasn't important? Shows how much people pay attention to the games they're playing. I have to ask. When you see the characters on screen talking do you understand what they are saying or do you just hear sounds and noises?

No, people said it wasn't essential. Essential and important are different things.

If you're a fan of something, I don't think there's much of a difference. Something that's "important" to a series you love is pretty much as "essential" (to you) as anything in a mere game can be.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#176MadDewgPosted 12/25/2013 3:52:33 PM
Hardley and sayuri being DLC characters in hard corps uprising. What makes this hella weird is that these two is clearly inside of the game already since they is included in the game's anime intro, which means they were always intended to be in the game lol.

I love hard corps uprising to death but even I have to call bull ***** on this one.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing tales of xillia,FE:A, OP pirate warriors, dragon's crown, dynasty warriors 8, shantae: risky's revenge
#177SolidStryderPosted 12/25/2013 4:16:24 PM
pothocket posted...
BB52700 posted...
But if there's something to complain about in ME3, its that the multiplayer has an effect on the single player. you have to play it to get the most out of your resources and it affects the ending

No you don't. The extra bonus from coop is trivial and it's VERY easy to get the same result without ever touching coop.

Yea, you'd pretty much have to make a concentrated effort through all 3 games not to get the best ending now.
#178BB52700Posted 12/25/2013 5:02:18 PM
HandGod posted...
Sheepinator posted...
He might even enjoy the coop, which is great fun. Though if he doesn't want to spend too long there, only play at the appropriate time or the readiness will wear off.

Yup, I discovered the multiplayer way after I was already done with the game. Too bad, considering the multiplayer was a lot of fun and I would have much rather played that than tapping over and over and over again on a very limited app. Moral of this story -- don't write off what you haven't tried yet.

Thank you.

I played the MP quite a bit, which is why I don't really have a desire to ever do it again. but who knows, maybe after not playing it in forever I'll find it enjoyable.
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#179Slinky826Posted 12/25/2013 6:11:07 PM
I think there have been some wonderful examples of DLC that was "abusive" to consumers. From stripped content to locked on-disc content to useless cosmetic changes to pay-to-win practices, some companies have tried to use various ways to squeeze more money out of gamers. Some have failed and learned how to do it better. Some, not so much. Even others still try to do it.

Capcom was terrible at this last gen, Konami was mentioned, Bethesda thankfully didn't do it too much. Namco wasn't mentioned (Ace Combat 6 plane skins that are up to 5 bucks for one!). EA is guilty though they backed off from the online pass finally. Many companies made mistakes last gen, some will get better hopefully, though if Turn 10 is any indication, it could get worse. Best practice, don't buy these games or the damn DLC for them. As much as I wanted SF X Tekken, the DLC scheme turned me off the game completely. Same goes for DOA5U. Every day it seems like more crap is clogging the new release Add-on section with stuff for that game. And now I doubt I'll even look at Forza 5 even though it was one of my anticipated games for XB1.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.