This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is State of Decay actually worth it?

#11CaIiber345Posted 12/28/2013 11:49:12 PM
Its making me want a full zombie survival retail game in the same vein with a bigger sandbox, co-op, and more diversity in overall gameplay. So for $10 it's decent unless you're playing Day Z (which I'm not), Dead Rising 3 (which I'm not), or until another full zombie survival retail game comes along.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" - Bilbo Baggins
#12Superman070776Posted 12/29/2013 12:25:05 AM
I agree about the full retail game being needed...but not Dead Rising. It is less about survival, and more about gimmicky weapons and killing thousands of zombies. I would rather have a full retail survival game similar to Day Z on the consoles. I want there to be zombies, and maybe the occasional horde, but I want the focus to be on survival. Getting resources, getting shelter, and making decisions like joining with a group to work together or going solo and avoiding/fighting other people. Let the zombies be a constant, but predictable presence, but have the real threat be hunger, nature, and other people.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#13VandelayIncPosted 12/29/2013 12:43:36 AM(edited)
definately worth the sales price. cant go wrong for 10 bucks.
#14DrFeelgood1984Posted 12/29/2013 12:47:42 AM
It's absolutely worth it, it was worth $20.
#15FFTHEWINNERPosted 12/29/2013 4:49:25 AM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
It's absolutely worth it, it was worth $20.

---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#16lokinineteenPosted 12/29/2013 8:05:37 AM
Illumi_Knight posted...
Winternova posted...
I thought it was a pretty good game. I bought it for full price and got my money's worth.

With that being said if the dlc goes on sale Ill buy that just for the achievements. Even though its still in the 100% completion list at 400 points I know theres more to get.
#17SolidStryderPosted 12/29/2013 8:31:33 AM
Illumi_Knight posted...
Winternova posted...
I thought it was a pretty good game. I bought it for full price and got my money's worth.
#18SheepinatorPosted 12/29/2013 6:09:22 PM
I tried the demo. I was sent to a vet clinic, then the friends showed up. My melee weapon broke and I couldn't find a replacement. The other guys refused to get in a car. There were two zombie hordes between us and the base. I still had time left in the demo but I had to go.

What was I supposed to do? Was there an indicator for the melee weapon status? How do I get another one, since there were none in or around the clinic?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#19simonbelmont2Posted 12/29/2013 6:41:43 PM
Sheepinator posted...
I tried the demo. I was sent to a vet clinic, then the friends showed up. My melee weapon broke and I couldn't find a replacement. The other guys refused to get in a car. There were two zombie hordes between us and the base. I still had time left in the demo but I had to go.

What was I supposed to do? Was there an indicator for the melee weapon status? How do I get another one, since there were none in or around the clinic?

I just tried the demo too. I didn't notice if the melee weapons have a durability meter. I only noticed that they turn yellow when they are wearing out and on the verge of breaking. It's probably worth having a backup just in case your main weapon breaks. You can also use punches and kicks on the weaker zombies or run them over.

I found a few melee weapons around the starting area by the ranger station (in the cabins, tents etc.) The petrol station on the road had a few weapons too.

It's an interesting game but some of the mechanics are a little arbitrary and odd. The game explains how you can switch characters but for some reason it cannot be done during certain missions. Also, it is not possible to give items to your allies directly from your backpack which is odd.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#20SheepinatorPosted 12/29/2013 7:13:09 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I just tried the demo too. I didn't notice if the melee weapons have a durability meter. I only noticed that they turn yellow when they are wearing out and on the verge of breaking. It's probably worth having a backup just in case your main weapon breaks. You can also use punches and kicks on the weaker zombies or run them over.

I found a few melee weapons around the starting area by the ranger station (in the cabins, tents etc.) The petrol station on the road had a few weapons too.

It's an interesting game but some of the mechanics are a little arbitrary and odd. The game explains how you can switch characters but for some reason it cannot be done during certain missions. Also, it is not possible to give items to your allies directly from your backpack which is odd.

Thanks. Since the game wouldn't let me use a car then, and I only had a few bullets left, I appeared to be in a bad spot. I'd have expected a multi-room vet clinic to have a weapon lying around, as is typical of other zombie games. I didn't really have time to explore the RPG and camp building aspects, and without those it seemed like a budget version of Dead Island. I'll read some reviews before deciding whether to buy.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.