This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come we never saw an HD XBLA port of Jet Force Gemini?

#1Dersu_UzalaPosted 12/30/2013 11:30:32 PM(edited)
They did Perfect Dark, it seemed natural that they'd follow up with JFG. The game would really benefit from HD as well as a smooth 60 framerate and modern controllers. Is there some lingering rights issue with Nintendo like there was with Killer Instinct?

I guess they could do it on Xbone, but they probably think that no one wants to play a game that looks so old anymore unless it has the indie excuse.
#2SR71haloPosted 12/30/2013 11:51:59 PM
Jet Force Gemini really is one game that needed to be on a modern console. I think it is a good game, but the one thing that killed it for me was the controls. It's not even the game's fault either, it's the controller that it is played with. Playing it on a controller more suitable for these kinds of games would make it that much better.
---
Scoreboard:
Xbox: 1, Playstation: 4, Nintendo: U
#3joshl94Posted 12/30/2013 11:56:20 PM
Forget that. Wheres my HD Chu Chu Rocket with Online?
---
Palutena and Ashley for Smash.
#4Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 12:14:21 AM(edited)
SR71halo posted...
Jet Force Gemini really is one game that needed to be on a modern console. I think it is a good game, but the one thing that killed it for me was the controls. It's not even the game's fault either, it's the controller that it is played with. Playing it on a controller more suitable for these kinds of games would make it that much better.

The controls weren't the best they could be, but I always felt that Rare was really good at designing FPS/TPS control schemes around the limitations of the N64 pad. Never had a problem aiming with the stick while strafing with the C buttons in JFG.

Goldeneye and PD let you use two controllers, one in each hand, for dual-analog if that's what you really wanted.

One change I would greatly appreciate in a JFG port is only needing to rescue, like, 75% of the Tribals to see the final boss. That was so incredibly obnoxious that you had to get every single one, especially since it's easy to accidentally kill them.
#5RycerXPosted 12/31/2013 12:17:42 AM
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System reminded me a lot of JFG, they've still got it on the marketplace.
#6SlimfosterPosted 12/31/2013 12:29:00 AM
I wish i would've bought that instantly
#7ReggieBush09Posted 12/31/2013 10:51:10 PM
joshl94 posted...
Forget that. Wheres my HD Chu Chu Rocket with Online?

lmao this guy. Haha
---
Kobe Bryant is the greatest Player in the NBA. Church of Kobe