This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider getting a GOTY edition...

#1levyjl1988Posted 1/1/2014 8:02:26 PM
we all heard by now about the definitive edition for Xbox One and PS4... but a GOTY ed....

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/09/tomb-raider-game-of-the-year-edition-revealed-for-ps3-xbox-360-releases-january-28th/

Do you think it will all be on one disc or simply just a download voucher? Any guesses?
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2corex3dPosted 1/1/2014 8:04:41 PM
depend on how big the base game is and the dlc if its all same disc the only games I can think that had that are fable 2, midnight club, and dead island its will most likely be 2 disc or download codes
#3fiasco86Posted 1/1/2014 8:04:57 PM
I think they should call it a OGOTY edition.

The extra O is for Overrated.
---
Please let me know what you think of my youtube channel. Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#4shawnmckPosted 1/1/2014 8:31:59 PM
I think I prefer the face of the normal edition better..?
Either way, sounds good to me. I was thinking of picking this up again. I traded it in not long after it came out because I needed the money. So it fine with me.
Although I don't see the point of getting it for next-gen..? But hey, whatever. people are free to vote with their wallets.
I hope it sells well too. It was (is) a good game.
#5glassghost0Posted 1/1/2014 8:34:25 PM
There's no reason to get this.

The majority of the DLC is MP related and as I've always said, the multiplayer in Tomb Raider is the worst mp experience I've ever played
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6DieMyBridePosted 1/1/2014 8:35:16 PM
As much as I loved the reboot, anybody looking into this game should just get a vanilla copy on current gen. The "definitive" version is a rip-off and pretty much this version as well.

People need to stop getting upset with GOTY editions on games THEY find unworthy. It's a marketing tactic to attract sales.
#7JukainPosted 1/1/2014 9:37:11 PM
I didn't even know that Tomb Raider had DLC.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#8shawnmckPosted 1/1/2014 9:58:40 PM(edited)
Jukain posted...

^ As far as I know, it has costume DLC (3-outfits)...and I think some extra challenge tombs (but am not sure).
Some argue that extra multi-player modes are DLC as well..?
And like others have said...it isn't all that much content.
#9HandGodPosted 1/1/2014 9:56:22 PM
Jukain posted...

Worthless DLC. DLC for extremely unnecessary multiplayer that is really not all that great -- and dead -- and then some trinkets for single player that don't really affect the game all that much. This is probably the worst GOTY I think I have ever seen, since there's so little about the actual package that is of value. Better just sticking to your normal editions of the game, or buying it for cheap.
#10mabber_IIIPosted 1/2/2014 3:34:24 AM
it's not like any of the dlc is worth it