This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like playing my old Xbox 360!!!

#11gabriusPosted 1/10/2014 8:29:20 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Reverseisback posted...
Atari had PAC man

Atari 2600 came out in 1977, so no, it did not (Pac-man on 2600 dropped in 1982).

Also, Pac-man on 2600 was one of the worst arcade ports to the system. Even back then I knew it.

Yeah, but when children speak on things that happened before they were born this is to be expected, Ginsu ;)
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#12nothingbeastPosted 1/10/2014 8:46:35 AM
Reverseisback posted...
That's my point......what a terrible launch I think!! Those games don't do a thing to showcase the Xbox one or ps 4 instead we are told to " wait "!!! SO WHY SELL THE CONSOLES!!

Because they knew people would buy them.

And millions did, despite it being no secret what titles would be available.

Too many people fall victim to having to own "the new hotness". I used to be one of those people. This is really the first Gen since the NES where I didn't own a console at Launch or the Christmas immediately following it.

Personally, neither PS4 or the One have my attention yet. I can wait at least until Spring.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#13and1streetzPosted 1/10/2014 8:48:03 AM
Reverse trolls a lot on the Madden 25 Xbox 360 board. He tends to make stuff up and actually believes what he says.
---
Defy Doubt
#14ComradeRyanPosted 1/10/2014 10:48:10 AM
You made a bad purchase in my opinion. I am a proud Xbox 360 owner who will be purchasing a PS4 in the near future.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com/
#15atl2k5Posted 1/10/2014 2:45:10 PM
So TC, you're complaining because you think that MS should've waited on releasing the console because they don't have any good games out yet, which I disagree with, but yet you went ahead and bought the system knowing what was going to be out on release. Why didn't you wait to buy the console again??? Does this make sense to anyone else???
#16BeknessPosted 1/10/2014 3:16:24 PM
gabrius posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
Reverseisback posted...
Atari had PAC man

Atari 2600 came out in 1977, so no, it did not (Pac-man on 2600 dropped in 1982).

Also, Pac-man on 2600 was one of the worst arcade ports to the system. Even back then I knew it.

Yeah, but when children speak on things that happened before they were born this is to be expected, Ginsu ;)

Hey Gabies. Needs more exclamation points and upper case madness. MADNESS.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
R<3B I am wearing 8 bandanas
#17DragonyeuwPosted 1/10/2014 3:17:36 PM
Reverseisback posted...
That's my point......what a terrible launch I think!! Those games don't do a thing to showcase the Xbox one or ps 4 instead we are told to " wait "!!! SO WHY SELL THE CONSOLES!! That's like me telling you to go to this "awesome "new restaurant and when you get there I tell you you need to wait a year to eat! Then why is it so awesome!
---

I kinda get what you're saying. Mario, for example,ushered in the 3d platformer and was pretty much revolutionary. Halo on the old xbox could be considered the father of modern console fps.....whereas the launch games this time around aren't really anything 'new', mainly new installments in existing franchises that 'look' better but doesn't give you the same feeling of playing mario 64 after playing mario world SNES. What you're looking for is a new paradigm shift in gaming,and imo you're not going to see it until something like VR gaming becomes mainstream. Right now, this gen so far looks like a more improved version of last gen, but its still early on in the cycle obviously.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita... Wii U 32gb, Nintendo Wii, Red 3ds,SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast