This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do gaming mags know the internet hate for DmC?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/15/2014 2:29:40 PM
I got my new Game Informer and it has the 50 greatest games of 2013 article and the VERY FIRST game is DmC.. i laughed and laughed. If they only knew what this board has done to that very capable and mostly awesome action game.....
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 2:30:06 PM
It IS in fact my GOTY 2013. Followed by TLOU.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#3HMXTaylor_LeePosted 1/15/2014 2:35:51 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
It IS in fact my GOTY 2013. Followed by TLOU.

We are like of mind, you and I.

Tell me, Mr. Powers, what other titles made their way onto your top five of the year?
#4coldblooded88Posted 1/15/2014 3:16:05 PM
I don't think they would care what people in message boards feel how good a game is.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#5SkilzMCPosted 1/15/2014 3:18:18 PM
I'm not sure, what your point is...

That they picked a game you like but people cried about because of some dude's hair?
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6HandGodPosted 1/15/2014 3:41:43 PM
I'm sure they are well aware, just as every other mainstream publication, physical or online, that gave the game positive remarks at launch knew about the backlash the game received before people even had the opportunity to play the game. I think the reason here is that they don't care about what the internet thinks, and neither should you if you enjoyed the game.
#7HMXTaylor_LeePosted 1/15/2014 3:43:46 PM
I thought the Game of the Year according to them was The Last Of Us?

They definitely applauded DmC, but I think it was only "number one" because of it's release date (it was the first noteworthy release of 2013).

That said, I still think that DmC is my personal Game of the Year, regardless of what Game Informer thinks. I wholeheartedly feel that their choice of The Last of Us is perfectly acceptable.
#8Merc123Posted 1/15/2014 3:49:00 PM
I tried DmC's demo and didn't dig the combat so i never played it after that.

I was already against the game from the start though, and no no because of the hair (seriously try to think of a better insult for people who don't like the game). I hated the idea of DmC because its just stupid that it exists. DMC4 was apparently the best selling DMC game so why a reboot? It makes no sense. The main problem i have with it though is that it put DMC4 on hold. DMC4 had a good number of questions left unanswered at the end and DmC kind of killed any hope of getting those answered. IMO either the series will be killed off, we may get a DmC2 or hopefully they will make a DMC5.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#9MrMikeMaPosted 1/15/2014 3:50:18 PM
It's still a very good game, but does sort of break on the harder difficulties due to the color coded enemy crap. Makes the combat really lame
#10Dante729Posted 1/15/2014 3:55:01 PM
coldblooded88 posted...
I don't think they would care what people in message boards feel how good a game is.

I'm going to try to ignore the fact that it's Gunvalkyrie making yet another DmC topic and second this.
---
And the rest...is silence.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m647rd8NJs1rqgklbo2_500.gif