This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA Online clamping down on the free cash

#1SheepinatorPosted 1/16/2014 9:19:35 AM
A patch went up to remove the hacked money in the game. If you check now, you'll see you still own anything you've bought, and any money you earned legitimately, and the rest is confiscated.

we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52096/taking-aim-at-gta-online-cheaters.html
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#2HMXTaylor_LeePosted 1/16/2014 9:25:59 AM
Now, I never played this game online other than a brief stint, but I heard that they still have next to no ways to earn decent amount of experience to level up, and they keep nerfing the amounts you get.

I want to say that all of the cheating is a result of this. Or is it the other way around?

Oh well. The only thing this game had for jobs or whatever was deathmatches and races anyways, which other games do better on their own separately.
#3glassghost0Posted 1/16/2014 9:27:07 AM
Grand Theft Auto Creators: "If you don't play nice we're gonna put you in time out."
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4BB52700Posted 1/16/2014 9:31:17 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Now, I never played this game online other than a brief stint, but I heard that they still have next to no ways to earn decent amount of experience to level up, and they keep nerfing the amounts you get.

I want to say that all of the cheating is a result of this. Or is it the other way around?

Oh well. The only thing this game had for jobs or whatever was deathmatches and races anyways, which other games do better on their own separately.

They keep nerfing the payouts to encourage you to buy GTA$ with real money. The online heists sound really promising when announced, but I wonder if there will be anybody left playing by the time they are made available. GTA Online is a fantastic concept executed very poorly
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#5HMXTaylor_LeePosted 1/16/2014 9:34:33 AM
BB52700 posted...

They keep nerfing the payouts to encourage you to buy GTA$ with real money. The online heists sound really promising when announced, but I wonder if there will be anybody left playing by the time they are made available. GTA Online is a fantastic concept executed very poorly

I didn't even think about the microtransaction part of it - that makes perfect sense now. Isn't that why people were against microtransactions to begin with?

Like the game P.N. 03 - A conceptually sound disaster.
#6Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 9:42:01 AM
BB52700 posted...
They keep nerfing the payouts to encourage you to buy GTA$ with real money.

Is this for sure? I mean if people keep doing certain things because it earns more XP and $$$ faster than any other thing, then it makes sense to tweak that. For instance I recall a while back everyone was racing that Commute track over and over and over and over and over. At least now there's more variety.

Nothing wrong with MT in something like this IMO. Paying real money doesn't give an advantage in-game, and if someone wants the nicest apartment without spending tens of hours playing, and in the process funds free DLC for non-payers like me, that's fine with me.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7JRS511Posted 1/16/2014 9:48:49 AM
A little late ain't it?
---
GT/PSN - BULLETSandBLOOD
Wants REmake released for the 3DS. Make it happen!
#8TheMuffinPosted 1/16/2014 9:58:03 AM
They focus on this kind of crap but can't even get features released for the MP that were supposed to be included at release. And people still worship that stupid company.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#9BB52700Posted 1/16/2014 10:05:39 AM
Sheepinator posted...
BB52700 posted...
They keep nerfing the payouts to encourage you to buy GTA$ with real money.

Is this for sure? I mean if people keep doing certain things because it earns more XP and $$$ faster than any other thing, then it makes sense to tweak that. For instance I recall a while back everyone was racing that Commute track over and over and over and over and over. At least now there's more variety.

Nothing wrong with MT in something like this IMO. Paying real money doesn't give an advantage in-game, and if someone wants the nicest apartment without spending tens of hours playing, and in the process funds free DLC for non-payers like me, that's fine with me.

'Is this for sure?"

Well, it makes sense. if you aren't earning as much in game, you might be more likely to spend some money on virtual currency. I don't have any proof, of course, as I doubt R* would admit to doing this, but microtransactions exist to make them money.

"At least now there's more variety."

This speaks to my main problem with GTA Online. I have never seen a company manipulate the online experience like this. its as if R* wants us to play it in the way that they envisioned. I say if a group of people want to run a single race over and over, or just do races, or just do jobs, etc., that they should be able to do that without being penalized. im all for penalizing the cheaters, but these people are being penalized simply for playing the game (legitimately) in the way they want. What harm does that do to the community?
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#10magicaltopPosted 1/16/2014 10:26:00 AM
Lmao GTA Online is terrible. But yay now we can go back to grinding away the same missions over and over for a little bit of cash for cosmetic items. I can't believe people complained about this.

It's pretty sad when 4's online was better.
---
ITT, we compare our hard drives like it's our ****-size.-Aight_Then