This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to set your console to make you automatically appear offline?

#11_MrENigma_Posted 1/16/2014 5:06:02 PM
darren19822000 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I really wish there was a way but there isn't.

The only thing you can do is appear offline, but that just let's them know that you're online but appearing offline....

wait they can still see you online even though your set to off?

If you change the settings like I showed you no one will EVER know you're online unless you let them know or you change the settings back. Try it and see.
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#12darren19822000Posted 1/16/2014 5:07:38 PM
im not too worried about it...im not avoiding anyone. i just use offline for when im too busy to be bothered
---
gt darren reefnugs
#13SheepinatorPosted 1/16/2014 5:17:05 PM
I have an acquaintance who is on his 360 constantly, but I'm trying to avoid him.

Here's a thought. Man up and either dump him or tell him you'd rather not party up immediately after signing in, or some other condition as applicable. If he takes offense at a reasonable request worded politely, oh well, his problem.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14darren19822000Posted 1/16/2014 5:46:48 PM
Sheepinator posted...
I have an acquaintance who is on his 360 constantly, but I'm trying to avoid him.

Here's a thought. Man up and either dump him or tell him you'd rather not party up immediately after signing in, or some other condition as applicable. If he takes offense at a reasonable request worded politely, oh well, his problem.

yeah..if hes just someoen you met online then who cares. if you know him in person like from school or somehting...then just explain he can be annoying. or that you dont want to play the game hes playing
---
gt darren reefnugs
#15CrimsonCorpPosted 1/16/2014 8:24:47 PM(edited)
darren19822000 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I really wish there was a way but there isn't.

The only thing you can do is appear offline, but that just let's them know that you're online but appearing offline....

wait they can still see you online even though your set to off?

He means that that a friend will be aware that something is up because your status will simply say Offline, without specifying when you were last on. The omission of that info is a red flag.

Granted sometimes after a patch, or randomly for no reason, a player's profile will simply say "Offline" But that's a rare occurrence, and will usually affect a good number of people on your FL at the same time.

Maybe if you can time it right, TC... next time a bunch of people on your FL state "Offline", go for it then.

But another give away will be your gamerscore and game history...

Both "offline" options fail in this regard. even the "block online status" option.

Your just gonna have to talk to the guy or something.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#16The_Hitman_UKPosted 1/16/2014 9:37:11 PM
As soon as you boot up the Xbox 360, watch the xbox logo go away and then the system will start loading. Quickly press the guide button and go to preferences and online status and appear offline.
---
Opinion=Troll