This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to tell if my account has been hacked?

#1kmuiPosted 1/19/2014 4:48:52 PM
I have been getting disconnected from xbox live recently and I was wondering if that is a symptom of my account being hacked. I don't think it's my internet and I can log right back in. Does anyone know If someone is logging into my account at the same time I am using it, what kind of warning/message would I get?

Thanks.
#2Lord_Vergil_360Posted 1/19/2014 5:04:45 PM
You would get a message telling you that your gamertag was last signed in on another console.
#3kingwutuguPosted 1/19/2014 5:53:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4WinternovaPosted 1/19/2014 5:58:42 PM
Unless someone is making purchases on your account, it most likely is not being "hacked". There are many other things that are infinitely more likely to occur that would cause that issue.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#5djwagonPosted 1/19/2014 6:00:56 PM
another way is check your download history.if you remember what you last downloaded .you can tell there as well.if you really think you been hacked more like hijacked .change your password
---
I used to go by importer1 .when i was here before.
#6Super CreaturesPosted 1/19/2014 9:31:14 PM
kmui posted...
How to tell if my account has been hacked?

Is it an account?

Than it wasn't hacked.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7Seanie1200Posted 1/20/2014 6:22:44 AM
The most likely way would be that someone makes a shed load of purchases using either the card you have registered or spends all your MS Account balance. Check your download history and your card statements and if you see anything you don't recognise report it straight away.