This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game with the worst, tacked on multiplayer

#141Runner_stylePosted 1/23/2014 12:38:22 PM
OEIO999 posted...
DarKxReckoninG posted...
CoD since MW

Lol, I think you're getting MP and SP confused.

Anyways, for me it'd the Assassins Creed series, Uncharted, GoW:A.

That's battlefield :P
---
I'm like herpes. I might disappear for awhile, but I'll come back.
#142BlueJester007Posted 1/23/2014 12:56:05 PM
BobQuigley posted...
I may not have played some of the games mentioned in here, but I have a hard time believing there is much worse than the tacked on multiplayer in Banjo Tooie. Even as kid, I recognized how tacked on and low quality it was

There was multiplayer in Banjo Tooie?
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#143joegt123Posted 1/23/2014 1:11:08 PM
All of the assassins creed games with it. Not even tomb raider **** on the gameplay that hard. And the more they focused on the mp, the bigger a pathetic glitchfest the single player became.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#144harcoreblazerPosted 1/23/2014 1:45:31 PM
Binary Domain without a doubt.

The reason is simple, it's broken and bugged, in the first and only match i got in, i was unable to kill other people no matter how many bullets ran through their head, it's like nothing happened.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#145Unbridled9Posted 1/23/2014 10:48:41 PM
pothocket posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
pothocket posted...
I can't believe people are saying ME

You can argue all you want about whether or not the series should've had the coop mode, but they did, and it was really well done.

Well, here's the thing. A lot of hate for the ME multiplayer comes from it being required originally to get the best endings, which meant someone who loved the ME single-player and did everything perfectly could VERY easily end up wiffing it and having to slog through the multiplayer just to properly complete their game. I shouldn't need to point out that that probably raised a LOT of ire from the fanbase.

That's not how it was though. It was VERY EASY to get the same result with or without the bonus from coop missions. I can't imagine that bonus actually being the deciding factor in anyone's game with whether or not they get all the ending options.

Post-Extended cut this is true. Before then, however, it was not. I forget if it required either what was basically a 100% perfect playthrough across all three games or was flat-out impossible without the online, but either way, your best bet to getting the ending you wanted in single player was to play the multiplayer.

People who played the multiplayer, though, could laugh and get any ending they wanted easy. That was a huge slap in the face to people who didn't care for/couldn't play the multiplayer.
---
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!
#146Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2014 4:09:48 AM(edited)
pothocket posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
pothocket posted...
I can't believe people are saying ME

You can argue all you want about whether or not the series should've had the coop mode, but they did, and it was really well done.

Well, here's the thing. A lot of hate for the ME multiplayer comes from it being required originally to get the best endings, which meant someone who loved the ME single-player and did everything perfectly could VERY easily end up wiffing it and having to slog through the multiplayer just to properly complete their game. I shouldn't need to point out that that probably raised a LOT of ire from the fanbase.

That's not how it was though. It was VERY EASY to get the same result with or without the bonus from coop missions. I can't imagine that bonus actually being the deciding factor in anyone's game with whether or not they get all the ending options.

That was exactly how it was though. The ending where Shepard lives was unobtainable without the MP or ME: Datapad. It has been checked and rechecked and the conclusion is simple without the MP, Datapad, DLC or save modification you couldn't get the best ending (as far as I remember Extended Cut lowered the requirements, meaning that with it installed you can get all endings without the MP).

EDIT to include Unbridled's comment: IIRC it was completely impossible to get the best ending without the MP.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#147pothocketPosted 1/24/2014 5:51:38 AM(edited)
Ok, you guys say that but I played the game when it was released and I beat it before touching multiplayer, got all ending options, and got the Shepard body moving scene

I just checked xbox.com and I beat the game on 3/10/12 (including the achievement for attaining the highest level of readiness) , started coop on 3/11

Don't tell me what the game was like, I was there. You didn't need the coop for anything.
#148Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2014 7:28:50 AM
pothocket posted...
Ok, you guys say that but I played the game when it was released and I beat it before touching multiplayer, got all ending options, and got the Shepard body moving scene

I just checked xbox.com and I beat the game on 3/10/12 (including the achievement for attaining the highest level of readiness) , started coop on 3/11

Don't tell me what the game was like, I was there. You didn't need the coop for anything.

Highest level of readiness (achievement "Defender") is an online only achievement (either MP or the Datapad), you can't get it from the SP. Were you referring to the one about gaining most of the war assets (Master and Commander)? That one is possible with only single player.

So either your game had glitched readiness (would make it possible to get both the mentioned scene and Defender) or something is amiss.

Source:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/mass-effect-3/guide/
---
#149pothocketPosted 1/24/2014 8:02:35 AM
Maybe I did play a round of two of coop before launching the final assault but I really don't think I did. I remember my friends and I had been playing a ton of the ME3 demo so we gave coop a rest until we'd beaten the game. Here's the (reverse) order they unlocked in on the day I beat the game

Legend
Mission accomplished.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Long Service Medal
Complete Mass Effect 3 twice, or once with a Mass Effect 2 import.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Patriot
Make the final assault.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Defender
Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Executioner
Defeat an old adversary.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Master and Commander
Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Tour of Duty
Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player.
20 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Well Connected
Send a warning across the galaxy.
15 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012
#150Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2014 8:15:30 AM
pothocket posted...
Maybe I did play a round of two of coop before launching the final assault but I really don't think I did. I remember my friends and I had been playing a ton of the ME3 demo so we gave coop a rest until we'd beaten the game. Here's the (reverse) order they unlocked in on the day I beat the game

Legend
Mission accomplished.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Long Service Medal
Complete Mass Effect 3 twice, or once with a Mass Effect 2 import.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Patriot
Make the final assault.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Defender
Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Executioner
Defeat an old adversary.
25 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Master and Commander
Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.
50 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Tour of Duty
Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player.
20 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Well Connected
Send a warning across the galaxy.
15 UNLOCKED ON 3/10/2012

Okay that is pretty interesting. Though unless you played Datapad or the readiness rating could be gotten from the demo that isn't what should happen (and AFAIK isn't what most people had). Guess that it goes into the "Mysteries of Life"-file.
---