This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I love the mass effect series, should I get all the DLC for the games?

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 1/30/2014 12:42:15 PM
The only dlc I've ever gotten was the free Zaed character one and the other with the 20 dog tag collecting pathetic mission.

I don't even have a clue what the dlc are. I'm not interested in the online me3 ones. As for me2, the 2nd best game in the series, I know of shadow lair and another one, but are these just 2 hour sidequests or do any of them have depth like awakening in da origins? And how is the dlc for me1?
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2DoukouPosted 1/30/2014 12:43:55 PM
You should get the DLC for yourself
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#3Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2014 12:49:56 PM
Well ME doesn't have much in the way of Awakening style DLC, sadly.
Apart from maybe Citadel for ME3...haven't played that yet.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4CrimsonCorpPosted 1/30/2014 2:21:59 PM
Lair of the shadow broker is a must. Very entertaining DLC, and it helps bridge the gap between ME2 and 3. It's also the longest of the ME2 DLCs. (But not "expansion pack" type long like Dragon Age's Awakening.There are no Mass Effect DLC of that size.)

Mass Effect 1's Bringing down the sky was interesting, but very short. It does connect with a Mass Effect 3 playthrough a small bit, so there's that. Never tried Pinnacle station.

For 3 I would recommend Citadel (On sale right now) From Ashes (the companion you get is quite interesting the more you have him on your squad throughout the game.) And perhaps Leviathan.
Can't really recommend Omega.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#5dlex859Posted 1/30/2014 2:36:44 PM
If you really love the series I would get every story dlc available. Some are undoubtedly better than others but all are fun.
---
PSN: DLex859
#6Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2014 3:14:00 PM
Pinnacle Station is honestly a bit of a waste.
Makes me wonder though if that was like an alpha for ME3's multiplayer. It's like a lame single player horde mode. The reward isn't even that great either.

Reward spoilers:
You get an apartment building thing on a desolate planet. Nothing really in it. That apartment allows you to get high level weapons, though it's nothing special since the campaign itslf gives you anything the store does. You also get a weapon at the end for beating some guy's high score, and again it's nothing better than the Spectre X weapons you can buy from the citadel. It's not a unique weapon in any way.

Basically I got the DLC because it was on offer and I wanted the achievements.
---
#7Gary StantonPosted 1/30/2014 4:06:44 PM
Except for Pinnacle Station, YES, you should get all the DLC.
CrimsonCorp posted...
Lair of the shadow broker is a must. Very entertaining DLC, and it helps bridge the gap between ME2 and 3.

So does Arrival, which particularly sets the stage for Mass Effect 3.
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
#8Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2014 4:17:27 PM
Gary Stanton posted...
Except for Pinnacle Station, YES, you should get all the DLC.
CrimsonCorp posted...
Lair of the shadow broker is a must. Very entertaining DLC, and it helps bridge the gap between ME2 and 3.

So does Arrival, which particularly sets the stage for Mass Effect 3.

Or at least it would have, if they hadn't cut the beginning of ME3 completely.
---
#9Carribean_CoolPosted 1/30/2014 4:46:28 PM
I wish Pinnacle Station carried over to the other games. Each game you would have had an apartment to stay at. Oh well, it was a nice place too, but it has nothing on Anderson's place in the Citadel DLC.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#10AnonymousFriendPosted 2/1/2014 11:59:11 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Pinnacle Station is honestly a bit of a waste.
Makes me wonder though if that was like an alpha for ME3's multiplayer. It's like a lame single player horde mode. The reward isn't even that great either.

Reward spoilers:
You get an apartment building thing on a desolate planet. Nothing really in it. That apartment allows you to get high level weapons, though it's nothing special since the campaign itslf gives you anything the store does. You also get a weapon at the end for beating some guy's high score, and again it's nothing better than the Spectre X weapons you can buy from the citadel. It's not a unique weapon in any way.

Basically I got the DLC because it was on offer and I wanted the achievements.

If I'm remembering correctly, the sim kills count for weapon/power achievements. I personally love the reward at the end of the add-on for giving me something to spend my creds on and allowing me to deck my crew out in the best gear in the game. I'm planning a PlayStation tril run and will miss not having it.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend