This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Suggestions for gaming monitors best for pc/console play?

#1ess2thebeePosted 2/2/2014 9:33:42 AM
Hello GameFAQs community! I was wondering if any of you guys or gals have any suggestions for a gaming monitor. I've got a decent budget on buying one, so don't let price influence decisions.. I've got a tight school schedule so researching everything is sort of hard to do.

So if any of you have suggestions, that would be great!

Thank you and have a great day!
---
If you disagree with me, I'm automatically bad, right?
#2Baseman(Moderator)Posted 2/2/2014 11:37:28 AM
bump
---
...--|D)
...--|D)ASEMAN--...
#3CapwnDPosted 2/2/2014 12:05:08 PM
I'm using the BenQ High Performance Gaming XL2720T 27-Inch for PC and consoles. I did input lag tests and my tests showed that it's about twice as fast as my other monitor. And that other monitor is twice as fast as my fastest TV. In that regard it's great. For gaming, it's wonderful. For video it's OK but if you're looking to twitch gaming as your primary focus, then it's a good choice.

The XL2720T is nice, but it does have that white bleeding on the edges, which isn't noticeable unless the screen is completely black. It also takes a bit of tweaking, the premade settings kind of suck. If you're using HDMI you can load settings from your PC by downloading and running it on your PC. But every one of those also needs some tweaking.

The other monitor I use for non-twich gaming is the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch. There's probably a newer model out there, but it is a beautiful monitor, and it does have a game mode which makes it run more like a TN panel
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4ess2thebee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 12:18:47 PM
Thanks! Do you have any input on the BenQ RL2450HT ?
---
#5CapwnDPosted 2/2/2014 12:51:47 PM
I only looked into the 27inch models.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#6Kurgan777Posted 2/2/2014 1:23:50 PM
It depends on multiple things.

Like if you want speakers built in, multiple HDMI ports, 3D support, resolution support higher than 1080p, the size of the screen, screen rotation ability, and a stand that doesn't suck ass like some of the new Samsung monitors.

I'm currently looking for a 3D monitor, and this one from Asus is in my top 5 right now....

http://www.frys.com/product/7160832

Built in speakers, good stand, 1080p, two HDMI ports, and passive 3D.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#7beautifuldreamsPosted 2/2/2014 6:20:19 PM
try to figure out what size is best for where you're going to use it, normally i would consider 24" the min, but even that was too big for me where i use mine
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#8ess2thebee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 6:53:29 PM
im looking just for around 24/26 range
---