This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is COD 4 still pretty active online?

#1Mr_SpacelyPosted 2/5/2014 7:40:33 AM
Was thinking about picking this game up again for $18. I remember when I had it on PS3 not too long ago I had to turn of my router to even get to the multiplayer screen, is it the same with XBL?

And are there any rumors/word that they will be shutting down the servers any time soon?
---
PSN: EQTOPLASM ; GT: Xanivert
Playing (PS4): Ghosts, BF4 ; Waiting on Destiny
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 2/5/2014 7:55:04 AM
It's still up and running and you can always find a match. Be aware you will run into hackers, but it's not as bad as it was. Just back out and find a different lobby.

Don't pay $18. You can get it used for like $5 at Gamestop now.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3alucard138Posted 2/5/2014 7:55:41 AM
I played about 3 days ago and found 4 or 5 matches without much difficulty. They may have been a man or two short, but it was still playable.
#4The_Hitman_UKPosted 2/5/2014 8:18:36 AM
Yes
---
Opinion=Troll
#5Mr_Spacely(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 2:30:49 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
It's still up and running and you can always find a match. Be aware you will run into hackers, but it's not as bad as it was. Just back out and find a different lobby.

Don't pay $18. You can get it used for like $5 at Gamestop now.

Oh ok, $5 is much better lol. I just could never find it used, anywhere.
---
#6cifer520Posted 2/5/2014 3:03:02 PM
It is if you only play Team Deathmatch and FFA. If you prefer the objective game modes I would strongly recommend buying a more recent CoD game.
#7Mr_Spacely(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 5:54:22 PM
cifer520 posted...
It is if you only play Team Deathmatch and FFA. If you prefer the objective game modes I would strongly recommend buying a more recent CoD game.

Why is that?

I have Ghosts, I've just been itching to play COD4 and MW2 for the longest time
---
#8JetblackmoonPosted 2/5/2014 5:58:01 PM
TDM and FFA are just the most populated game modes. If you're trying to play objective games, you're gonna have a harder time finding matches.

Cheaters on CoD4 are rampant enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#9iLikeMtnDewPosted 2/5/2014 5:58:23 PM
Yeah it's pretty active, I think there was about 500 people in TDM the other day when I played a few matches
---
Cavaliers/Browns/Indians