This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Never pre-order a game from a physical retail Microsoft Store

#71WinternovaPosted 2/7/2014 9:14:43 PM
That was fast.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#72MrMeaCulpaPosted 2/7/2014 10:39:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#73WinternovaPosted 2/7/2014 10:49:33 PM
MrMeaCulpa posted...
I made this just to say that Winter and Ghost, I'm sorry I took everything you said so personally.

No hard feelings.

MrMeaCulpa posted...
I'm going to take what you said to heart and make it a point to make sure the terms of a transaction are crystal clear before I plunk down any money. If that was all you guys wanted to me do, congrats, you have succeeded.

Really, that's all I was trying to say. One of the first things I did when GameStop started with pre-orders was ask them what happens if I cancel the pre-order. I'm weird like that - I pay attention to details. I did the same when I bought my Xbox (the original) and Software Etc. was selling them in a "bundle" - you had to buy 2 games and an extended warranty just to get the console, and I went home, looked over the terms of the extended warranty and noticed it could be refunded...so I went back the next day and got my money back for it.

If there's one thing to take away, it's this: the small print is important.

MrMeaCulpa posted...
Well, I learned my lesson. I'm never coming back, never joining another message board, and I'm just going to play games for fun and that's it.

That's too bad, because by coming back and posting this you've shown more integrity and insight than most posters around here do. Sure, we may have started out on the wrong foot, but I didn't take anything personally. I hope you stick around, despite your decision.
---
#74Super CreaturesPosted 2/7/2014 11:16:00 PM
MrMeaCulpa posted...
yet I read from other users that this individual has "always" attempted to be negative to others in some fashion.

I haven't had an issue with him for quite a while, and don't even remember what our issues with each other were.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#75glassghost0Posted 2/7/2014 11:30:34 PM
I'm not negative, I'm just "real"

I didn't "haze" you because your posting was actually legitimate, although misguided.

I see no reason to just flat out me nice and try to white knight. I'm not on here for some popularity contest, I don't care what people think of me.

Some hate me, some love me. But it's whatever.

No hard feelings towards you whatsoever.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#76glassghost0Posted 2/7/2014 11:31:04 PM
Super Creatures posted...
MrMeaCulpa posted...
yet I read from other users that this individual has "always" attempted to be negative to others in some fashion.

I haven't had an issue with him for quite a while, and don't even remember what our issues with each other were.

I think you always corrected me or something and it made me rage, ha
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#77Perfect LightPosted 2/7/2014 11:46:07 PM
Winternova posted...
It's up to the customer to inform themselves as to any return policy. It's not the business' duty to let everyone know what they can and cannot do after their purchase.

Seems to me it should be the opposite. You're telling me that it is not the duty of a business to post signs or instruct their cashiers on informing customers of their policies? This is how you end up with tons of irritated and annoyed customers at the service counters--businesses like to hide their policies and then when people go against the rules they knew nothing about, they then hold up their hands and go "Well, you never ASKED if we require amputation of your pinky in order to return merchandise, now did you?"

How can customers know to inquire about policies they have no idea exist in the first place? Is every customer going to think to ask about every policy a store has before they buy something? Like I said before, it seems to me that it's the store's job to inform the customer of their policies, not the other way around. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not implying you are incorrect, merely that I find this disturbing.
---
Playing: None
Waiting: South Park The Stick of Truth, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs
#78Super CreaturesPosted 2/7/2014 11:50:07 PM
Perfect Light posted...
How can customers know to inquire about policies they have no idea exist in the first place?

So, what you are saying is that the general populace is so ****ing stupid that they don't realize that there is a policy that covers the terms and conditions of making a pre-order, that would also cover the terms of canceling said pre-order?

I agree, but the general stupidity of the human race is not the responsibility of a business.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#79WinternovaPosted 2/8/2014 12:01:27 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Seems to me it should be the opposite. You're telling me that it is not the duty of a business to post signs or instruct their cashiers on informing customers of their policies?

The default position is that the store is not required to take returns. There's no law that states that a business must take a return. Different jurisdictions have differing rules about posting return policies, if the business has one, but there's no law that states that a business must take a return. Therefore, the consumer should assume that there are no returns allowed until they inquire about that company's return policy.

People just assume that because return policies are so common (because they're a part of customer service) that customers have a "right" to return items purchased from a store...but that couldn't be further from the truth.

In a number of contracts, if the customer backs out of a purchase after putting in a down payment that payment is forfeited. Layaway programs that are cancelled usually have part of the down payment that's forfeited if the contract is breached by the buyer.
---