This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the RockCandy wired controllers for XB 360 ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How are the RockCandy wired controllers for XB 360 ?

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
2 years ago#1
I need to get a new controller, but I don't want to get any wireless. I'm fine with wired controllers. But all official controllers are wireless. I know that there are official wired controllers for XB 360, but I don't feel like ordering one On-line. I simply want to go to the store and buy one.
But all they have the RockCandy ones, and I am dubious on their quality and functionality.
So are they any good, or should I just skip it altogether ?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: dtmr

dtmr
2 years ago#2
I bought one. Not the worst. I don't like the way the sticks feel.
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
2 years ago#3
Why not just order it online? It will be cheaper and you'll be guaranteed the quality of a first-party controller.
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
2 years ago#4
They are pretty good, especially considering the price. I would throw some Grip-It analog covers on them.

Some stores still carry official wired controllers, which I recommend over anything else...official wireless included.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: SolidStryder

SolidStryder
2 years ago#5
Ginsu Victim posted...
They are pretty good, especially considering the price. I would throw some Grip-It analog covers on them.

Agreed. The stick feels a bit rough, and it's not as sensitive as the official controllers, but otherwise they're pretty good. I bought mines on Amazon, take a look around sometimes certain colors are cheaper than the others.

User Info: jakeDiLLa

jakeDiLLa
2 years ago#6
You can buy official Wired controllers in pretty much every store that sells controllers

That being said I love the Razer wired controllers that have the clickable buttons and the programmable bumpers. It's useful cuz if there's a game where you have to press ABXY a lot you can program it to a bumper so you never have to move your thumbs from the analog sticks.

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
2 years ago#7
jakeDiLLa posted...
You can buy official Wired controllers in pretty much every store that sells controllers

I haven't seen a store carrying official wired 360 controllers in a long time.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
2 years ago#8
TheRob posted...
jakeDiLLa posted...

I haven't seen a store carrying official wired 360 controllers in a long time.

8 out of 14 Wal-Marts near me have Official Wired Controllers in stock
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
2 years ago#9
None of the stores in my area have the official wired controllers. They have the wireless ones out the wazoo, but I don't want a wireless controller.

As far as 3rd-Party controllers, I am limited to gamestop brand, Rock Candy, and some other cheap Wal-Mart brand, as well as the ones that are clear & light up (which I bought & don't like).

Plus, I don't want to spend a lot of money, because money is tight.
But I don't want to waste money by buying a product that will crap out on me after a few months, or that has such cheap quality that buttons stick or analog sticks tend to wear out rather quickly.
I know I am putting myself in a peculiar position, but that is why I am asking around here...for your guys' help.

And Thanks again for all the responses.
I need a controller fairly badly.

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
2 years ago#10
shawnmck posted...
>None of the stores in my area have the official wired controllers.

>I don't want to spend a lot of money

>But I don't want to waste money by buying a product that will crap out on me after a few months,

The preceding is a list of reasons why TC should buy his controller online.
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How are the RockCandy wired controllers for XB 360 ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived