This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the RockCandy wired controllers for XB 360 ?

#1shawnmckPosted 2/7/2014 10:10:57 AM
I need to get a new controller, but I don't want to get any wireless. I'm fine with wired controllers. But all official controllers are wireless. I know that there are official wired controllers for XB 360, but I don't feel like ordering one On-line. I simply want to go to the store and buy one.
But all they have the RockCandy ones, and I am dubious on their quality and functionality.
So are they any good, or should I just skip it altogether ?

Thanks in advance.
#2dtmrPosted 2/7/2014 10:14:25 AM
I bought one. Not the worst. I don't like the way the sticks feel.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#3fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 11:28:58 AM
Why not just order it online? It will be cheaper and you'll be guaranteed the quality of a first-party controller.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#4Ginsu VictimPosted 2/7/2014 11:30:25 AM
They are pretty good, especially considering the price. I would throw some Grip-It analog covers on them.

Some stores still carry official wired controllers, which I recommend over anything else...official wireless included.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#5SolidStryderPosted 2/7/2014 11:34:03 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
They are pretty good, especially considering the price. I would throw some Grip-It analog covers on them.

Agreed. The stick feels a bit rough, and it's not as sensitive as the official controllers, but otherwise they're pretty good. I bought mines on Amazon, take a look around sometimes certain colors are cheaper than the others.
#6jakeDiLLaPosted 2/7/2014 11:49:51 AM
You can buy official Wired controllers in pretty much every store that sells controllers

That being said I love the Razer wired controllers that have the clickable buttons and the programmable bumpers. It's useful cuz if there's a game where you have to press ABXY a lot you can program it to a bumper so you never have to move your thumbs from the analog sticks.
#7TheRobPosted 2/7/2014 11:52:23 AM
jakeDiLLa posted...
You can buy official Wired controllers in pretty much every store that sells controllers

I haven't seen a store carrying official wired 360 controllers in a long time.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#8glassghost0Posted 2/7/2014 11:55:45 AM
TheRob posted...
jakeDiLLa posted...

I haven't seen a store carrying official wired 360 controllers in a long time.

8 out of 14 Wal-Marts near me have Official Wired Controllers in stock
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9shawnmck(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 1:38:57 PM
None of the stores in my area have the official wired controllers. They have the wireless ones out the wazoo, but I don't want a wireless controller.

As far as 3rd-Party controllers, I am limited to gamestop brand, Rock Candy, and some other cheap Wal-Mart brand, as well as the ones that are clear & light up (which I bought & don't like).

Plus, I don't want to spend a lot of money, because money is tight.
But I don't want to waste money by buying a product that will crap out on me after a few months, or that has such cheap quality that buttons stick or analog sticks tend to wear out rather quickly.
I know I am putting myself in a peculiar position, but that is why I am asking around here...for your guys' help.

And Thanks again for all the responses.
I need a controller fairly badly.
#10fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 2:39:35 PM
shawnmck posted...
>None of the stores in my area have the official wired controllers.

>I don't want to spend a lot of money

>But I don't want to waste money by buying a product that will crap out on me after a few months,

The preceding is a list of reasons why TC should buy his controller online.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame