This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the RockCandy wired controllers for XB 360 ?

#11spooiePosted 2/7/2014 8:09:15 PM
What are the size of the Xbox controllers? I got one for the PS3 and that sucker is TINY.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#12Ginsu VictimPosted 2/7/2014 8:57:49 PM
spooie posted...
What are the size of the Xbox controllers? I got one for the PS3 and that sucker is TINY.

Only slightly smaller, but not by much at all.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#132RagsPosted 2/7/2014 9:32:13 PM
I have a Rock Candy wired pad and it does the job. The sticks are not on par with the official sticks but they are comfortable enough to get used to.
#14QuitsquirrelPosted 2/7/2014 11:02:30 PM
I bought a green one a while ago and it had a short in the wire fairly soon after buying it. Returned it fora different one and it's been alright so far. The short was frustrating considering I don't recall doing anything to cause it. I assume they are just cheap but you get what you pay for.
#15The Bad GuyPosted 2/8/2014 3:16:22 PM
If the wire is too short you can always use a USB extension cor...oh A SHORT in the wire, not a wire that is too short...

never mind...
#16MrMikeMaPosted 2/8/2014 3:28:19 PM
I use the afterglow controllers and they are great. A bit more expensive than rock candy, but work awesome. I don't even use the lights, just keep them shut off
#17ComradeRyanPosted 2/8/2014 5:48:58 PM
I would recommend purchasing a first party wired controller online.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com/
#18Kurgan777Posted 2/8/2014 6:48:11 PM
shawnmck posted...
None of the stores in my area have the official wired controllers. They have the wireless ones out the wazoo, but I don't want a wireless controller.

Got a Fry's near you anywhere??? They might have one.

At the very least you could try to find a store that would order something for you.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#19spooiePosted 2/11/2014 10:04:40 PM
If anyone is looking for a cheap Rock Candy controller and is willing to spend $10, Microsoft currently has the purple version on sale at their online store for 8.99...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Rock-Candy-Xbox-360-Controller/productID.275670200

I'm thinking I might order one to take apart and put in the spare button/thumbsticks I have from when I converted my classic white 360 controller to the Transforming D-Pad shell. Anyone ever open one up to know if they have the same button tab layout?
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#20jakethenoobPosted 2/12/2014 1:44:39 AM
They suck. Don't get one.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/