This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 signs me out of xbox live about every 30 minutes

#1Doktor_KaboomPosted 2/7/2014 2:21:16 PM
This happens no matter what I'm doing on the xbox. I've reset my router and tried a few other fixes. Every other connected device works fine.

The only way I can get signed back in is to either do the network diagnostic thing on the xbox or restart it.

Does anyone know what the issue may be or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#2fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 2:41:01 PM
I had the same problem while participating in the latest dashboard beta, but it would only happen when playing in offline modes while signed into LIVE. Does it happen for you when you're playing multiplayer as well?
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#3Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 2:46:22 PM
Multi-player, apps, and offline. Playing black ops 2 online, watching Twitch, just sitting on the dashboard, offline games.

It just started happening the other day but just figured it was one of those things but it's been going on for 3 days straight.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#4fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 2:52:00 PM(edited)
In that case, it's hard to say. Nobody else on the board has been reporting similar problems, so it seems likely it's something on your end. Details on your setup?

EDIT: And a quick description of your tech level? I don't want to be talking down to you, but I also don't want to make false assumptions about what you already know/understand.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
#5Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 2:56:23 PM
Wired cable Internet. Restarted my router, switched cables, and even used a different port on the router. Not sure what else I can try.
---
#6Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 2:58:26 PM
Tech level. No programmer or anything but I could probably be a cable repairman lol
---
#7fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 3:01:11 PM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
Wired cable Internet. Restarted my router, switched cables, and even used a different port on the router. Not sure what else I can try.

Well sounds like you got all the first steps out of the way. It could be the actual port on your Xbox (my brother's is broken on his phat 360). Which model do you have?
---
#8Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 3:18:36 PM
The newer slim. Like 2 years old. Thanks for the help.
---
#9fiasco86Posted 2/7/2014 3:22:57 PM(edited)
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
The newer slim. Like 2 years old. Thanks for the help.

No problem.

I would try using your Xbox's Wi-Fi to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, we can rule out the ethernet port as the problem.

Leaving work now and I likely won't be back on gamefaqs for a few hours, but let me know how that goes.
---
#10Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 4:45:06 PM(edited)
Thanks! Using the wifi seems to be working. I forgot my xbox even had wifi!

I posted this about 2 minutes too soon. Still disconnected. The thanks still stands though.

The only thing that makes me think it might be on the xbox side is the fact that I have to test connection (which says everything is fine when I do) or restart the console to make it work. I might try to mess with the configure network stuff a little later and see if that may work. Plus it's only the 360 doing this no other devices in the house.

---