This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 signs me out of xbox live about every 30 minutes

#11thekozmicpigPosted 2/7/2014 5:52:53 PM
Well, I remember once live wouldn't let me sign in unless I was already connected to live when I started the box, and I fixed it by redownloading my profile. Obviously not same problem, but since I figure it'll take about five minutes to do and there's no real side effects (if any), you could give it a shot. Worst thing that could happen is that you'll be in the same boat.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#12Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 7:55:42 PM
thekozmicpig posted...
Well, I remember once live wouldn't let me sign in unless I was already connected to live when I started the box, and I fixed it by redownloading my profile. Obviously not same problem, but since I figure it'll take about five minutes to do and there's no real side effects (if any), you could give it a shot. Worst thing that could happen is that you'll be in the same boat.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it still a no go.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#13fiasco86Posted 2/8/2014 11:56:07 AM
At this point I think I would contact Xbox support. It will be a headache, but it sounds like it's a problem on their end.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#14Madness2012Posted 2/9/2014 1:53:27 AM
Must be your connection......
#15crispixPosted 2/9/2014 3:30:39 PM
I had an older model xbox do this to me a few years ago. I had no idea what was going on. I even called my internet provider and they came over and said everything was fine on their end...

Then I RRoD a few days later... =( People said it was just a coincidence...but it sure felt related.

Hope that's not the case with you, good luck!
#16Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 3:39:35 PM
It's definitely not my connection.

Thanks crispix. I hope that's not the case.

I've tried a couple of other fixes from the xbox support forum but still nothing. I'll try one more I found this evening and if it's still a no go I'll give support a call even though I dread it.

If I figure it out I'll post the solution here.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#17Sipher360Posted 2/9/2014 4:27:54 PM
It does that to me as well. Still hadn't figured out why. It's been doing it for me for the past two years or so. Even after I moved across the country and went with a new internet provider. Very weird.

If I'm actually playing online, then it's fine. But, if I am playing an offline game or downloading something, then it kicks me off ever so often.
---
"Now senators are getting high....and your plan against the ghetto back-fired..."--Ice Cube
#18Supreme_HunterPosted 2/9/2014 5:51:53 PM
I had a similar problem happen to be about a year ago. I tried everything in regards to xbox/router/modem/ISP fixes. Nothing worked. I ended up returning my modem to my ISP and they provided me with a new one, free of charge. Haven't had a problem since, so it might just be your modem.
---
GT: Supreme Hunter0
Games Completed: 36 / Most Recently Completed: Bioshock: Infinite (1000/1000)
#19Doktor_Kaboom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 4:45:12 PM
Think I got it fixed. I put my xbox in a dmz host. Been playing for about an hour and half which is the longest I've been able to play so far. I'm on moderate nat now so I'll have to figure out how to get it open in dmz.

Still curious why this happened so suddenly though.

Also appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. If the problem starts back up I'll update.
---