This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dead Island worth downloading

#1cdog21Posted 2/7/2014 9:43:54 PM
With Dead Island being the current GWG, I've been thinking about getting it. Problem I have is that I don't really like zombie or monster games. The only exception that I'd make for it is because it looks like a multiplayer game and I'd be fine with a zombie game if I'm not the only person running around.

Am I right about it being online co-op and if so is there still a community to play with?
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#2SkilzMCPosted 2/7/2014 9:44:51 PM
It's a good'n and it's free, so why not least try it?
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#3TheLastAvatar05Posted 2/7/2014 9:46:57 PM
You'll probably hate it as it has a heavy zombie emphasis. The whole first person melee reliance and clumsiness turned me off from even downloading it.,
---
Proud Member of Squad 422. "Altaha Abilia"
#4Sonic_The_HPosted 2/7/2014 9:55:26 PM
No but the trailer was great. I would recommend that clip to anyone.
---
"Are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over -
an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist." - Tobias
#5DxZ99Posted 2/7/2014 9:57:10 PM
Get in your download history just because its something free from Microsoft.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#6swatkiller546Posted 2/7/2014 10:00:42 PM
it's less than 4 gb, hell yeah!
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#7Pacman2dxPosted 2/7/2014 10:11:51 PM
Well is it a multiplayer game and as long as you leave your room open people will join and play with you. So I guess it'd be worth a shot - you should add it to your download history though, so you can fire it up at your convenience.
---
Whatever you do, always try to pay it forward.
#8simonbelmont2Posted 2/8/2014 5:46:47 AM
it is both singleplayer and multiplayer, there are lots of people playing it these days. It's worth a go as it is free right now.

Enemies level with you though so the zombies will be able to kill you rather quickly depending on which character you use.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9bluetigercamoPosted 2/8/2014 6:07:30 AM
Sonic_The_H posted...

Oh man that trailer was so awesome it got me so pumped. Then I actually played the game and well its a game with gold for a reason.
#10SolidStryderPosted 2/8/2014 6:13:56 AM
bluetigercamo posted...
Sonic_The_H posted...

Oh man that trailer was so awesome it got me so pumped. Then I actually played the game and well its a game with gold for a reason.

Because it was well received critically and commercially?