This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dead Island worth downloading

#21fiasco86Posted 2/10/2014 2:16:02 PM
If you're even considering it, just download it. It's free. There's literally nothing to lose.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#22NecroFoul99Posted 2/11/2014 12:43:59 PM
It's a very unique game in regards to its play style. I purchased it new for $60 back in the day and have never regretted it. It takes a while to get used to what kind of game it really is...a first person, primarily melee, kinda-sorta hard to aim, RPG'ish, loot game...with great environmental graphics and fugly character graphics.

Once you've become accustomed to it, it may become pretty fun for you. It did for me. Just...don't expect it to be a shooter. you won't even get a gun for a few hours, then there's the ammunition that will be very sparse until even further in.

Take it for what it is...FREE!!! We don't ask if we should download demo's.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/NecroFoul99/games?list_type=1&platform=0
#23Ray_AP_37Posted 2/11/2014 7:56:35 PM
fiasco86 posted...
If you're even considering it, just download it. It's free. There's literally nothing to lose.

Well, except time.

</pessimist>
---
I hereby renounce my faith to the false prophet Beth Phoenix, and kneel before CM Punk-- a true god amongst men. #ChurchOfPunk
#24Ghost_TurtlePosted 2/11/2014 8:16:46 PM
cdog21 posted...
With Dead Island being the current GWG, I've been thinking about getting it. Problem I have is that I don't really like zombie or monster games. The only exception that I'd make for it is because it looks like a multiplayer game and I'd be fine with a zombie game if I'm not the only person running around.

Am I right about it being online co-op and if so is there still a community to play with?

It depends on what you like. Its like a B-rated version of FO3 with zombies. Not nearly as good but will prob keep you entertained (single player, never played it online). At least it did for me when it released.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
PSN: Kozmo14