This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ACIV - Is it worth $20?

#1DerpKnight7Posted 2/9/2014 12:18:21 PM
Hey guys,
There is a local mom and pop's store i go to. They take Costco returns etc. and sell them. They have sales all year round, as most price tag's are colored, so if say a Xbox is $150 at the store, then if the price tag is say orange, then it would be 30-50% off that depending on the color's, which are regularly rotated.
Anyway, they had a flat 50% off everything sale for 3 hour's today, and i picked up ACIV for $20, along with Lego star wars complete saga for $6, brand new. From your perspective, was the story good? The gameplay? Cuz if it suck's compared to the other's, (cough*ACIII*cough) i might bring it back.
#2TheBeastWithinPosted 2/9/2014 12:19:50 PM
AC IV is probably the most fun game in the entire series.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#3joegt123Posted 2/9/2014 12:20:06 PM
Pirates of the creed isnt worth the plastic it was printed on.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4casedawgzPosted 2/9/2014 12:49:42 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
AC IV is probably the most fun game in the entire series.

---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#5langystarPosted 2/9/2014 12:51:16 PM
If you hated 3 then you will love 4
#6LiqiudusSnakePosted 2/9/2014 2:38:47 PM
joegt123 posted...
Pirates of the creed isnt worth the plastic it was printed on.

Joke post? Probably the best game in the series
---
When you see me quote someone with no other text, that's when your topic wasn't even good enough to warrant me using my keyboard.
#7Doktor_KaboomPosted 2/9/2014 2:41:20 PM
langystar posted...
If you hated 3 then you will love 4

As crazy as this sounds it's pretty accurate.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#8orangeneePosted 2/9/2014 2:49:28 PM
Yes, yes it is. I hope you like following people though, you'll be doing a lot of it. Turns out it's the only thing resembling tricky in the game though.

Other than those and a few other trifling issues though it's great fun.
---
Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#9Sipher360Posted 2/9/2014 3:23:28 PM
DerpKnight7 posted...
Hey guys,
There is a local mom and pop's store i go to. They take Costco returns etc. and sell them. They have sales all year round, as most price tag's are colored, so if say a Xbox is $150 at the store, then if the price tag is say orange, then it would be 30-50% off that depending on the color's, which are regularly rotated.
Anyway, they had a flat 50% off everything sale for 3 hour's today, and i picked up ACIV for $20, along with Lego star wars complete saga for $6, brand new. From your perspective, was the story good? The gameplay? Cuz if it suck's compared to the other's, (cough*ACIII*cough) i might bring it back.

Damn man...that sounds like a hell of a store. Sorry, but I know nothing of ACIV. Waiting to get a PS4 before I get it.
---
"Now senators are getting high....and your plan against the ghetto back-fired..."--Ice Cube
#10Munke_FoolPosted 2/9/2014 5:07:59 PM
It's a crappy "assassin" game, but it's in the running for best "pirate" game. It's incredibly fun, until you play the broken tailing missions. Pirates don't do stealthy. But sailing around and boarding other ships is great.