This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ACIV - Is it worth $20?

#11ComradeRyanPosted 2/9/2014 6:24:27 PM
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is worth $20.00. Have fun playing!
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com/
#12Spidey555Posted 2/9/2014 7:05:19 PM
It is my favorite AC, love it!
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#13HandGodPosted 2/9/2014 9:01:55 PM
It's overtaken ACII as my favorite in the series. I love the story, characters, sailing and plundering. It's the pirate game I've always wanted, and I can't possibly say enough good things about it. It's probably my most played game of last year, and I'm making another run at it on the PS4 (via $10 upgrade from the PS3 version). The only bad part is the amount of tailing and eavesdropping missions that compose the missions. It's not completely made up of it, and there's a lot of fun ones in there, but given that I hated those missions from AC3, anything more than 1 just for the sake of variety is more than enough for me.

Not a huge deal, since the side content and raiding warehouses and plundering ships for resources to make your vessel the most bad ass ship to ever sail more than makes up for some of my gripes with the choice of "follow this guy"-style missions, and it's no more repetitive than previous installments.
#14TheRobPosted 2/9/2014 9:59:10 PM(edited)
I was disappointed at the lack of weaponry. You can't use daggers anymore, you can use axes but only when taken from an enemy as opposed to being able to buy and carry your own, you can't fight with a single sword unless you take one from an enemy, no more improvised weapons like the brooms or hammers you could get off of pedestrians in the previous games, etc.

You also can't throw certain weapons anymore, you can't throw the axes or smoke bombs, at least not that I could see anyway. That's another thing, I believe you can only get smoke bomb unlike in previous games where you could get explosive bombs and I also miss the miscellaneous bombs you could make in Revelations. Also kind of annoyed you can't just attack whenever you want anymore unless you're targeting enemies, which means you can't mess with the pedestrians anymore so it ruins a bit of the fun.

However, it's a great game, definitely a steal at $20. There is still a lot of fun to be had and there is a lot of content to the game. For all of it's negatives, it is still a great game.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|