This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Redemption >>>> GTA V

#1DRzCalderonPosted 2/9/2014 12:58:29 PM
Like it's not even funny. It's so "Not" funny that subjectivity shouldn't even apply lol.

No but seriously the gunplay and Euphoria physics are far more superior in RDR than GTA V. When you shot enemies you could feel the impact they felt after seeing them tumble to the ground. Even precise damage you would inflict would either disarm or injure them causing them to limp or die slowly.

And on top of that there was the addition of excruciating detail towards gunshot wounds. I mean RDR is far more violent than GTA V as well.

I just wonder why Rockstar did not apply the same gunplay and physics towards GTA V because they feel kind of off. But from my understanding, it was Rockstar San Diego that made RDR and Rockstar North made GTA V.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#2Robin_MaskPosted 2/9/2014 1:05:00 PM
Eh...

I can agree on some physics like the shooting. But there is much more going on in GTAV. You can't really compare a game that has some wildlife and a few people on the road or bandits in a hideout or a mission to a game where there is always people walking around near you. Along with lots of little details that RDR does not have at all.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#3coldblooded88Posted 2/9/2014 1:45:39 PM
GTA V was a great technical achievement but also made me realize how glad I am that the new generation is here.
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 2/9/2014 2:20:30 PM
DRzCalderon posted...
Like it's not even funny. It's so "Not" funny that subjectivity shouldn't even apply lol.

Even precise damage you would inflict would either disarm or injure them causing them to limp or die slowly.

You can do that in GTAV as well. Well, I don't know about disarming, but shoot a guy in the leg and he'll go down and bleed out. Stop using autoaim.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#5DRzCalderon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 2:27:32 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

Even precise damage you would inflict would either disarm or injure them causing them to limp or die slowly.

You can do that in GTAV as well. Well, I don't know about disarming, but shoot a guy in the leg and he'll go down and bleed out. Stop using autoaim.

What are talking about? NPCs in GTA V cannot get injured. You shoot the leg they don't even bleed out the just die Lol.

Auto aim? You must be on something.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/9/2014 2:47:52 PM
DRzCalderon posted...

What are talking about? NPCs in GTA V cannot get injured. You shoot the leg they don't even bleed out the just die Lol.

Yes they can. If you shoot someone in an extremity, they will go down and cry for help, and sometimes shoot you from the ground.

You're using auto aim. It goes for center mass, so you're not getting injuries.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 2/9/2014 2:51:36 PM
one thing really really killed RDR for me. that was the character movement. i ****ing HATE this new sluggish "realistic" movement crap that rockstar seems to be doing with there games now. GTA5's wasnt as bad in this regard.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising - Bioshock 2 - Skyrim
#8casedawgzPosted 2/9/2014 2:53:06 PM
I feel like GTA 5 just took Max Payne 3's gunplay and broke it.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#9SolidStryderPosted 2/9/2014 2:54:49 PM
DRzCalderon posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

Yea, you obviously haven't played the game. I've popped plenty of people point blank with a shotgun after walking around whatever they were using for cover while they sat on the ground firing a pistol as a last defense. GTA V >>>>>>>>> RDR, there's no debate.
#10Pacman2dxPosted 2/9/2014 3:04:05 PM
Yeah you can injure people in GTA V, they either writhe on the floor or they shoot at you before dying - whats even funnier is shooting a cop in the leg and watching his partner try and drag him behind cover. I do however miss the gaping headshot wounds from RDR.
---
Whatever you do, always try to pay it forward.