This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Redemption >>>> GTA V

#31Ginsu VictimPosted 2/10/2014 9:15:20 AM
As much as I love GTA V, RDR is my game of the gen. I loved everything about it. Even after reaching 100%, I still play just to enjoy the world.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#32SixStringHeroPosted 2/10/2014 10:56:52 AM
I enjoyed GTA V and found it to be a technical marvel at times. I did notice right away the Euphoria was toned down. For the most part it still does a great job with the physics and NPC reactions, but I guess Max Payne 3 spoiled me, which has the best physics and animations I have ever seen and played in a game.

I was also really disappointed with the fact that just punching an NPC kills them in GTA V. In GTA IV they would lie on the floor in and writhe around in pain, sometimes getting up to limp off a bit and fall back down. They never died though, especially from a gun shot wound to the arm or leg. In fact you usually had to to put more rounds into them once they were downed to kill the,. or land a head shot in the fire fight. In GTA V NPCs can't even take a gunshot to the leg, they just sit there in pain for a few seconds and then die.

I did like the updated gun play, the realistic reloading mechanics, slides actual work, magazines are removed and thrown to the ground and attention to bullet wounds, but Max Payne 3 is still superior in that area.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#33Robin_MaskPosted 2/10/2014 12:39:49 PM
SixStringHero posted...
I enjoyed GTA V and found it to be a technical marvel at times. I did notice right away the Euphoria was toned down. For the most part it still does a great job with the physics and NPC reactions, but I guess Max Payne 3 spoiled me, which has the best physics and animations I have ever seen and played in a game.

I was also really disappointed with the fact that just punching an NPC kills them in GTA V. In GTA IV they would lie on the floor in and writhe around in pain, sometimes getting up to limp off a bit and fall back down. They never died though, especially from a gun shot wound to the arm or leg. In fact you usually had to to put more rounds into them once they were downed to kill the,. or land a head shot in the fire fight. In GTA V NPCs can't even take a gunshot to the leg, they just sit there in pain for a few seconds and then die.

I did like the updated gun play, the realistic reloading mechanics, slides actual work, magazines are removed and thrown to the ground and attention to bullet wounds, but Max Payne 3 is still superior in that area.

But Max Payne has small controlled levels as opposed to open-world.

Max Payne 3 is one of my favorite games this gen. But come on, it's unfair to use all three games as a good comparison.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#34Yuri_LowelIPosted 2/10/2014 2:35:17 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
Both games are vastly over rated and nothing special.

you probably should go back to playing Skyrim then.
---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif