This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth buying an Xbox 360 just for the Gears of War and Mass Effect series?

#1nanofazz97Posted 2/9/2014 5:49:56 PM
And if it is not worth it, then what games would be considered the very best games for the system? I am making this topic because I have never owned an Xbox console, and have owned all the PlayStation consoles, but I have been interested in the Gears of War and Mass Effect series for a while. I am aware that I could just buy the Mass Effect trilogy on the PS3, but I some people think that the games run much better on the 360 than they do the PS3, and other people believe the exact opposite.
#2beautifuldreamsPosted 2/9/2014 6:10:56 PM
if you love 3rd person cover shooters it might be worth it (Gears), otherwise not. you can probably get all 3 gears preowned for $10 total
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#3nanofazz97(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 6:27:02 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
if you love 3rd person cover shooters it might be worth it (Gears), otherwise not. you can probably get all 3 gears preowned for $10 total

That is actually the main reason why I was interested in these two game series in the first place: because the PS3 was extremely deprived of Third Person Shooters this generation. I used to look at gameplay demos for Gears of War, and I would feel annoyed that Sony never thought to make a series that was anything like Gears of War (I mean, Uncharted has some TPS elements, but Gears of War is strictly a pure Third Person Shooter series).
#4Jedi454Posted 2/9/2014 6:29:45 PM
I'd say if you could find one cheap enough, do it. I'm going to be grabbing another PS3 once I find a used one cheap enough because I sold mine a couple years ago without playing many exclusives :(
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#5mjc0961Posted 2/9/2014 6:30:37 PM
Mass Effect factually runs better on 360. At least 1 and 2 do, anyway. Anyone who says otherwise is flat-out lying. They were built for 360 and later ported (lazily, because it's EA) to PS3.

And if you can get a 360 cheap enough, sure, it's worth it. Just play Gears in order. It's hard to back to 1 and 2 after playing 3 (3 is the one where they finally fixed the controls so everything isn't mapped to the A button). Oh, and skip Judgment, it sucks.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#6corex3dPosted 2/9/2014 6:30:46 PM
the gears games are pretty fun especially 3 played horde mode a lot on it
#7TheCapPosted 2/9/2014 6:36:30 PM
Just buy them on PC.
---
I'm so cool, hmn hmn hmn hmn ha ha ha ha ha
I'm Legendary with Strength of Inferno, Mind of Lightning, and Speed of Tempest
#8WebsandWigsPosted 2/9/2014 7:05:38 PM
No
#9squidney2k1Posted 2/9/2014 7:33:30 PM
Absolutely. You can probably get all 7 games (4 gears and 3 Mass Effect) for less than $100 and they will last you quite a long time.
---
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/
#10fiasco86Posted 2/9/2014 7:49:15 PM
Isn't Killzone fairly similar to Gears of War?
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame