This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth buying an Xbox 360 just for the Gears of War and Mass Effect series?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it worth buying an Xbox 360 just for the Gears of War and Mass Effect series?

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
3 years ago#1
And if it is not worth it, then what games would be considered the very best games for the system? I am making this topic because I have never owned an Xbox console, and have owned all the PlayStation consoles, but I have been interested in the Gears of War and Mass Effect series for a while. I am aware that I could just buy the Mass Effect trilogy on the PS3, but I some people think that the games run much better on the 360 than they do the PS3, and other people believe the exact opposite.

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
3 years ago#2
if you love 3rd person cover shooters it might be worth it (Gears), otherwise not. you can probably get all 3 gears preowned for $10 total
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
3 years ago#3
beautifuldreams posted...
if you love 3rd person cover shooters it might be worth it (Gears), otherwise not. you can probably get all 3 gears preowned for $10 total

That is actually the main reason why I was interested in these two game series in the first place: because the PS3 was extremely deprived of Third Person Shooters this generation. I used to look at gameplay demos for Gears of War, and I would feel annoyed that Sony never thought to make a series that was anything like Gears of War (I mean, Uncharted has some TPS elements, but Gears of War is strictly a pure Third Person Shooter series).

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#4
I'd say if you could find one cheap enough, do it. I'm going to be grabbing another PS3 once I find a used one cheap enough because I sold mine a couple years ago without playing many exclusives :(
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
3 years ago#5
Mass Effect factually runs better on 360. At least 1 and 2 do, anyway. Anyone who says otherwise is flat-out lying. They were built for 360 and later ported (lazily, because it's EA) to PS3.

And if you can get a 360 cheap enough, sure, it's worth it. Just play Gears in order. It's hard to back to 1 and 2 after playing 3 (3 is the one where they finally fixed the controls so everything isn't mapped to the A button). Oh, and skip Judgment, it sucks.
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

User Info: corex3d

corex3d
3 years ago#6
the gears games are pretty fun especially 3 played horde mode a lot on it

User Info: TheCap

TheCap
3 years ago#7
Just buy them on PC.
I'm so cool, hmn hmn hmn hmn ha ha ha ha ha
I'm Legendary with Strength of Inferno, Mind of Lightning, and Speed of Tempest

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 years ago#8
No

User Info: squidney2k1

squidney2k1
3 years ago#9
Absolutely. You can probably get all 7 games (4 gears and 3 Mass Effect) for less than $100 and they will last you quite a long time.
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
3 years ago#10
Isn't Killzone fairly similar to Gears of War?
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it worth buying an Xbox 360 just for the Gears of War and Mass Effect series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived