This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth buying an Xbox 360 just for the Gears of War and Mass Effect series?

#11slemeipssPosted 2/9/2014 8:59:25 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Isn't Killzone fairly similar to Gears of War?

nothing like it. haven't played killzone 3 but after playing Killzone: Mercenary on my vita (which i loved), Killzone 2 was a straight up mess

oh and tc, if you live nearby i'd gladly lend you my fat 360 and the gears games

>_>
---
you wanna play me? - napoleon dynamite
#12Ghost_TurtlePosted 2/9/2014 10:24:03 PM(edited)
KZ is nothing like Gears. If you have friends to play with Gears 1-3 coop can be a lot of fun. ME is on PS3. Its not worth buying a 360 for. If your a Gran Turismo fan Forza is a pretty good series. Thats about it. Halo 3 is old and outdated but was worth owning a 360 back in the day (and still might be depending on who you talk to). Oh, and Trials. Other than that you can get pretty much get everything else on ps3. If you have a ton of friends 360 live is way better than ps3 psn.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
PSN: Kozmo14
#13Ghost_TurtlePosted 2/9/2014 10:25:51 PM
Oh, and 360 is backwards compatible with most games. So if the ME series interest you you can go back and play Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
PSN: Kozmo14
#14lild1425Posted 2/10/2014 1:21:28 AM
Ghost_Turtle posted...
Oh, and 360 is backwards compatible with most games. So if the ME series interest you you can go back and play Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic.

This. RPG Goodness.
#15singhellotakuPosted 2/10/2014 1:24:31 AM
well given that ME works at all on ps3 and isn't that good in the first place, just Gears? no not really, solid games sure but not worth dropping $300 on a console and 4 games.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#16fiasco86Posted 2/10/2014 12:30:53 PM
singhellotaku posted...
well given that ME works at all on ps3 and isn't that good in the first place, just Gears? no not really, solid games sure but not worth dropping $300 on a console and 4 games.

You do realize you're in a very small minority thinking that the ME series isn't that good, right? It's much more likely TC will enjoy them than not.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#17Seanie1200Posted 2/10/2014 12:41:11 PM
Personally I would say yes as I love both series and you can pick them up very cheap now. I'm playing through Gears Judgment at the moment and enjoying it to. Early copies of this came with a code to download the original Gears so you may get lucky with that. People give codes away from time to time too.

You mention a lack of cover shooters. Have you tried Vanquish and Binary Domain? They are both good. I would go with Vanquish if I had to choose but both are worth a look.
#18The_RaterPosted 2/10/2014 1:05:50 PM
why would you be interested in spending around 100 for a system just to play 6 games when there is over 1000 retail games to choose from on the system?