This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has on-line gaming changed gaming for the better?

#1Hucast9Posted 2/10/2014 11:20:02 AM
Has on-line gaming changed gaming for the better? - Results (127 votes)
Yes. It has changed gaming for the better.
30.71% (39 votes)
No. It has changed gaming for the worse.
69.29% (88 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Has on-line gaming changed gaming for the better?
#2Kurgan777Posted 2/10/2014 11:44:56 AM
It's changed for the worse, singleplayer is an afterthought now, the developers focus all their efforts on multiplayer so they can get gamers hooked enough to buy the DLC packs to make even more money.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#3AWarAmp84Posted 2/10/2014 11:45:04 AM
I'm 50/50. While I do enjoy being able to play games with friends over Xbox Live, there seems to be a growing trend among developers to release games immediately and fix later. I don't like being a game tester for lazy/cheap developers. Also, don't get me started on day one DLC and disc locked content. I've also learned long ago just how many ignorant and racist people there are that play games. It's disgusting.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#4pothocketPosted 2/10/2014 11:57:59 AM
This topic makes no sense. Gaming, at it's heart, has always been a competition between players.
#5hoggys2much99Posted 2/10/2014 11:58:43 AM
Online gaming has been the bane of this generation.

All developers care about is blooming online gaming and have got it into their heads that we all like online gaming when we don't.

I am getting sick and tired of single player mode getting shorter and shorter because all the companies care about is online gaming.

I am getting sick and tired of them shoving in multiplayer where it doesn't belong (I am looking at you Square Enix and Tomb Raider)

I am getting sick and tired of them only concentrating on multiplayer and totally ignoring single player mode.

I hate online gaming with a burning passion. It can go to hell for all I care.
#6WinternovaPosted 2/10/2014 12:01:21 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
It's changed for the worse, singleplayer is an afterthought now, the developers focus all their efforts on multiplayer so they can get gamers hooked enough to buy the DLC packs to make even more money.

Why is that bad?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#7WinternovaPosted 2/10/2014 12:04:23 PM
pothocket posted...
Gaming, at it's heart, has always been a competition between players.

Not always - it can be the players against the system (Arkham Horror, Elder Sign, Castle Panic) and/or players working together against the scenario (Dungeons & Dragons, all pen-and-paper RPGs). Competition between players isn't a requirement.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#8nothingbeastPosted 2/10/2014 12:14:00 PM
I can't really vote because I don't think it's so one-way.

Pro: I think it's awesome how you can go online and almost always find an opponent.

Con: I hate how it's virtually eliminated couch gaming.

I just wish these two concepts could get along. It's just sad that online has made the world a little smaller, while at the same time sitting next to me on the couch might as well be another dimension.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#9GalcianPosted 2/10/2014 12:24:31 PM
It's made developers more lazy
#10SkilzMCPosted 2/10/2014 12:28:47 PM(edited)
AWarAmp84 posted...
Also, don't get me started on day one DLC and disc locked content.

There is nothing wrong with day one DLC, after a team finishes a game it has to be sent for console certification and then production. This means the team has 6-8 weeks between when they finish working on the game and when it is released where they have nothing to do...So they work on extra content. Also studies have shown the longer a team waits to buy DLC, the percentage of people willing to buy the content decreases.

So please, get started on day one DLC, I'd love to hear about how the big bad corporations are robbing you blind...
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC