This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which is the normal xbox 360 version to buy for playing all its games?

#1completeboyPosted 2/10/2014 11:04:59 PM
first of all i have been gaming since 8 bits and all i have as of yet is a ps2 slim and soon in 4 days i shall have a psp, i had a ds twice and also dropped it twice accidentally hence breaking it twice.

i am very much interested in a ps3 and gamecube+wii games and also noticed that even xbox360 has a lot of gems not to be missed.

but there are various versions of xbox360 which is a normal version to buy for online/offline play for its entire library? i do not care about hard disk space even that new 4gb version should suffice if it can play all games in the library so far and of future.

what i am also looking forward too for xbox360 is that it will be first time experience with that brand and i do like its controller just looking at the images makes my think its a solid piece of hardware.

lastly kindly warn me if the console is bad as i have heard a lot of bad things like the console can die easily and people had to buy new ones over the period of a year or two.

my 4 years old ps2 slim still works fine and not even its lens are replaced.
---
Cannot wait to get a ps3 and a wii as well as the xbox360 console.
#2Jedi454Posted 2/10/2014 11:09:22 PM
Wait, you've never owned a last gen console. The Xbox 360 came out in 2005 :/
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#3GamerguymassPosted 2/10/2014 11:21:58 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Wait, you've never owned a last gen console. The Xbox 360 came out in 2005 :/

I think what also needs to be pointed out is he claims he has been gaming since the 8 bit era but only owns a PS2, which he apparently just got four years ago. Were they still sold in 2010? I know they were sold into the PS3 lifespan, but I didn't think it was that long.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#4completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:30:53 PM
what is surprising about it, think about it, i am a poor gamer pals.

as i said i am behind in next gen technology, and ps2 is STILL MY NEXT GEN AS I OWNED A GENESIS PREVIOUSLY. AND I AM FROM INDIA TO BEGIN WITH.

if i would have getting a console for even 600 rupees i would have owned every single console and handheld including games in premium edition no sweat there. but 1$ is = to 60 + rupees.

again just tell me which version is a normal gaming console.
---
#5ValzacardXPosted 2/10/2014 11:52:53 PM
completeboy posted...

as i said i am behind in next gen technology, and ps2 is STILL MY NEXT GEN AS I OWNED A GENESIS PREVIOUSLY. AND I AM FROM INDIA TO BEGIN WITH.

if i would have getting a console for even 600 rupees i would have owned every single console and handheld including games in premium edition no sweat there. but 1$ is = to 60 + rupees.

They all play the games the exact same way. Get the latest 4 gig model, but you'll need an Hard Drive or at least some flash drives to play some of latest games, or if you want DLC.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#6andri_gPosted 2/10/2014 11:55:31 PM
Several versions of the XBox 360 are available.

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3045-20/

If you want to play it safe, get an XBox 360 S (with a black glossy or matte finish and an internal hard drive) or an E edition.
#7completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:56:26 PM
ValzacardX posted...
completeboy posted...

They all play the games the exact same way. Get the latest 4 gig model, but you'll need an Hard Drive or at least some flash drives to play some of latest games, or if you want DLC.

thanks for the info. so 4gb will be the one i will buy along with a separate drive.

by the way what the hell is there in a dlc anyways? just some random mini stuff like maps or weapons or costumes right?
---
#8completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:59:37 PM
andri_g posted...

If you want to play it safe, get an XBox 360 S (with a black glossy or matte finish and an internal hard drive) or an E edition.

i see the e version looks nice, but i also have bought a hdtv recently 22inch lcd, from what it seems, the e version can go online but cannot do hd out right? i have hdmi cable which also i bought just recently but do not have anything to use with so i still have not seen any real hd stuff.
---
#9Lum_YatsuraPosted 2/11/2014 12:05:08 AM
e version needs hdmi for hd out, or hd audio.

Support for most older cables was removed.
---
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?
#10completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:05:39 AM
andri_g posted...

now i researched on 360 s as well. pal you are so right about selection here, now i am assured i should buy any of these versions, i am now more inclined towards s being it silent and all. thanks again.
---