This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have luck with the annoying low battery warning?

#1xReignStormPosted 2/12/2014 2:20:27 PM
This has bothered me for years but for the last week I've been using my 360 for Netflix while I work on other things in addition to playing the usual games. The stupid low battery warning has been going off for four days. I finally got annoyed enough with it's crazy early warning to look for a solution. I searched around the site and found it's been discussed a few times but I wanted to ask if over the years anyone has found a solution other than putting tape over the lights so you can't see it. Is there anyway to delay it or stop it from going off when the batteries have ~10 hours of life left in them. I wouldn't mind if it started blinking with 30 minutes left, or an hour left. I've had to endure the warning for upwards of 10 hours of play time in the past. Do using the rechargeable batteries put the warning in a more reasonable time frame for some reason? I use AA batteries if that makes a difference. Thanks!
#2gldooriiPosted 2/12/2014 2:33:23 PM
I'm still mind boggled as to why as soon as I reach two bars my controllers start giving me the warning and disconnect quite frequently. I've tried all three of my controllers and this happens. Of course, I can put those batteries into something else and they work fine for a long time. I just don't get it.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#3OverburdenedPosted 2/12/2014 3:27:44 PM
Just Microsoft making you pay even more money for their products. I know the money for the battery's don't go to them, but that doesn't stop them milking everything you have.

But honestly, I don't know, I found the same happens with me, have 2bars left and the lights start flashing and the controller turns off.

I've just gone on Amazon and bought 20 Duracell+ batteries for 6notes. So it's not all bad, just try and find a good deal on batteries.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#4Kurgan777Posted 2/12/2014 3:34:08 PM
Stop looking at your controller and watch the screen, it's where your eyes SHOULD be.

If you're just watching videos on netflix, as soon as you start the video yank the battery pack out or shut the controller off by holding down the guide button. There's no reason to leave the controller on when you're not using it, that's just draining batteries for no reason.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#5Seanie1200Posted 2/12/2014 3:42:56 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Stop looking at your controller and watch the screen, it's where your eyes SHOULD be.

If you're just watching videos on netflix, as soon as you start the video yank the battery pack out or shut the controller off by holding down the guide button. There's no reason to leave the controller on when you're not using it, that's just draining batteries for no reason.

The problem is when I am playing games I AM looking at the screen but the annoying flashing light draws my eyes to it no matter what. I do turn my controller off if I am using Netflix or Lovefilm so then it isn't a problem but when I am playing games there is nothing I can do.

Human eyes are naturally drawn to flashing lights. This is why the emergency services use them - to make their presence known.
#6glassghost0Posted 2/12/2014 3:53:59 PM
Overburdened posted...
Just Microsoft making you pay even more money for their products. I know the money for the battery's don't go to them, but that doesn't stop them milking everything you have.

Do you think before you blurt out crap?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7The Bad GuyPosted 2/12/2014 3:58:17 PM
It is annoying, especially if you play in a dark room.

But I use rechargeable AA's so when it starts blinking I just change them with the next pair from the charger, don't gotta worry about buying more or anything.
#8Kurgan777Posted 2/12/2014 4:17:29 PM
Seanie1200 posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

The problem is when I am playing games I AM looking at the screen but the annoying flashing light draws my eyes to it no matter what. I do turn my controller off if I am using Netflix or Lovefilm so then it isn't a problem but when I am playing games there is nothing I can do.

Human eyes are naturally drawn to flashing lights. This is why the emergency services use them - to make their presence known.

Raise the TV up higher than eye-line when you're sitting down playing. That way your eyes are drawn upward to the middle of the screen and the controller in your lap will be out of your field of vision.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#9WinternovaPosted 2/12/2014 4:21:16 PM
Overburdened posted...
I know the money for the battery's don't go to them

What does the battery have that the money goes for?

Seanie1200 posted...

The problem is when I am playing games I AM looking at the screen but the annoying flashing light draws my eyes to it no matter what.

Replace the battery.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10656stoogePosted 2/12/2014 4:41:21 PM
The Bad Guy posted...

But I use rechargeable AA's so when it starts blinking I just change them with the next pair from the charger, don't gotta worry about buying more or anything.

This. And they last ten times longer than the official battery packs.

The stupid warning still bugs the hell out if me though.
---
My father is so Australian he's in prison.