This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow MS point expire

#1PigfartsPosted 2/13/2014 6:40:01 AM
Nice move MS. Make people buy points to buy stuff then have them expire. On all my systems I keep money in my "wallet".
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#2SolidStryderPosted 2/13/2014 6:47:23 AM
Wow. I can't really confirm it, but I'm hearing someone shot Lincoln.
#3Dragon NexusPosted 2/13/2014 7:51:53 AM
Does say it on the cards, ya know.
Most people buy points when they need them, rather than stacking up a ton of them for years on end.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4djwagonPosted 2/13/2014 8:16:14 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Most people buy points when they need them, rather than stacking up a ton of them for years on end.

they are only good for one year if you use the point cards.they are good for three year .if you do not use the point cards .there is no stacking of point cards .there maybe if you use a credit card .but NOT if your only using their cards
---
I used to go by the screen name IMPORTER1.
#5SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2014 8:18:46 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...

No it doesn't. The closest thing to such a notification is that the card refers you to the website for the ToU, which if I recall says MS can screw you any time they want without notice.

Dragon Nexus posted...

Most people aren't victims of violent crime. And yet, it's still considered a bad thing.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6Pigfarts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 8:30:03 AM
Okay I just signed into XBOX live, seem MS gave everyone 50$ so they redeemed themselves. the email did not mention that.

I dont stack points, but unlike PC and Sony you can't buy an exact amount, I always just wind up getting 50$ worth of points.
---
#7ReportMeTyreePosted 2/13/2014 8:50:52 AM(edited)
Pigfarts posted...
Okay I just signed into XBOX live, seem MS gave everyone 50$ so they redeemed themselves. the email did not mention that.

I dont stack points, but unlike PC and Sony you can't buy an exact amount, I always just wind up getting 50$ worth of points.

they gave away $50? When? Last I checked I don't have any money on the marketplace and I still dont
---
PSN & XBL: TYruler50. Im backkkkkk! Hermeses!
no more space dockers.
#8Pigfarts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 9:09:42 AM
ReportMeTyree posted...
Pigfarts posted...

they gave away $50? When? Last I checked I don't have any money on the marketplace and I still dont

beats me, I just signed in to xbox to check how many points I was going to lose. its said about 3500. Then it said something like we are no longer using points and you can use real money to buy stuff, 50$ has been added to you account...
---
#9kingvortexPosted 2/13/2014 9:13:29 AM(edited)
Points get converted to the equivalent monetary value when you redeem a points card now.
Existing points balances also got converted at some point.
I imagine that is what happened, rather than MS gifting you $50.
What is the value of 3500 points?
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.4
#10SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2014 9:12:36 AM
Pigfarts posted...
beats me, I just signed in to xbox to check how many points I was going to lose. its said about 3500. Then it said something like we are no longer using points and you can use real money to buy stuff, 50$ has been added to you account...

The money from MSP cards will expire 12 months after you redeem them, so they aren't expiring yet. The only points you might be losing right now are any from rewards programs that were due to expire. For the rest they will credit you with the appropriate amount of currency.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.